Velocity Reviews

-   -   C++ courses (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t459860-c-courses.html)

deltaquattro 01-16-2007 04:29 PM

C++ courses

Hi,

I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
(preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

greetings,

deltaquattro

Tim Slattery 01-16-2007 05:21 PM

Re: C++ courses

"deltaquattro" <deltaquattro@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
>would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
>in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
>(preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

Look for the "Scribble" tutorial in the MSDN library.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov

red floyd 01-16-2007 07:23 PM

Re: C++ courses

Tim Slattery wrote:
> "deltaquattro" <deltaquattro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
>> would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
>> in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
>> (preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

> Look for the "Scribble" tutorial in the MSDN library.

Ugh! No! Learn Standard C++ first (see "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and
Moo), and then if you *must*, learn MFC.

It took me *years* to unlearn bad habits from MFC.

blangela 01-16-2007 10:16 PM

Re: C++ courses

Come to beautiful Vancouver and take the following 2 C++ courses
offered at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (B.C.I.T.):

http://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/comp2617

http://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/comp2618

Cheers,

Bob