Velocity Reviews

-   -   C++ General (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t459831-c-general.html)

Sourcerer 01-15-2007 09:41 AM

C++ General

Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
Where?

Thanks,
Nikola Novak

--
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it easy in solitude
to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd

Mehturt@gmail.com 01-15-2007 09:54 AM

Re: C++ General

Sourcerer wrote:
> Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
> Where?

Yes it is. Even though it's not free it can be found on google.

RajaJee 01-15-2007 01:00 PM

Re: C++ General

I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
of http://www.pickatutorial.com

Sourcerer 01-15-2007 02:21 PM

Re: C++ General

"RajaJee" <pickatutorial@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1168866059.443028.51080@51g2000cwl.googlegrou ps.com...
>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
standard C++.

Rolf Magnus 01-15-2007 03:20 PM

Re: C++ General

Sourcerer wrote:

> "RajaJee" <pickatutorial@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1168866059.443028.51080@51g2000cwl.googlegrou ps.com...
>>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
>> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
> standard C++.

Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
You can buy the PDF version there.

Sylvester Hesp 01-15-2007 07:09 PM

Re: C++ General

"Rolf Magnus" <ramagnus@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Sourcerer wrote:
>
>> "RajaJee" <pickatutorial@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1168866059.443028.51080@51g2000cwl.googlegrou ps.com...
>>>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
>>> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition
>> of
>> standard C++.

> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
> You can buy the PDF version there.

Hint: google for that name ;)

Sourcerer 01-17-2007 08:07 AM

Re: C++ General

"Rolf Magnus" <ramagnus@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Sourcerer wrote:
>
>> "RajaJee" <pickatutorial@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1168866059.443028.51080@51g2000cwl.googlegrou ps.com...
>>>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
>>> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
>> standard C++.

> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
> You can buy the PDF version there.

Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

Sourcerer 01-17-2007 08:08 AM

Re: C++ General

"Sylvester Hesp" <s.hesp@oisyn.nl> wrote in message

> "Rolf Magnus" <ramagnus@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Sourcerer wrote:
>>
>>> "RajaJee" <pickatutorial@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1168866059.443028.51080@51g2000cwl.googlegrou ps.com...
>>>
>>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
>>> standard C++.

>> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
>> You can buy the PDF version there.
>>

> Hint: google for that name ;)

I did. Isn't that document protected by Copyright law?

Rolf Magnus 01-17-2007 11:51 PM

Re: C++ General

Sourcerer wrote:

>>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition
>>> of standard C++.

>> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
>> You can buy the PDF version there.

> Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

Well, the ansi webstore has it for 30 dollars, so it's still in an
affordable price range for most individuals.

Noah Roberts 01-17-2007 11:54 PM

Re: C++ General

Sourcerer wrote:
> Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
> Where?

You can always get the latest *draft* from the ISO website.

The official standard is available for purchase in ebook and hardcover
form.