Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for a c++ framework (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t459785-looking-for-a-c-framework.html)

Fei Liu 01-11-2007 07:31 PM

Looking for a c++ framework

Hello guys!

I'm looking for some messaging framework (written in C/C++) which allows
multiple applications on multiple machines to securely exchange messages
(i.e. MAD daemons on multiple NSP) such as "user X logged in/out",
"there are policy rules for user X", and such on.

Do you know any such kind of the messaging framework?

I googled around, but most of stuff is Java based (JMS).
So far I found only Spread Toolkit, but it does not have security
features right out of the box.

Ondra Holub 01-12-2007 07:31 AM

Re: Looking for a c++ framework

Fei Liu napsal:
> Hello guys!
>
> I'm looking for some messaging framework (written in C/C++) which allows
> multiple applications on multiple machines to securely exchange messages
> (i.e. MAD daemons on multiple NSP) such as "user X logged in/out",
> "there are policy rules for user X", and such on.
>
> Do you know any such kind of the messaging framework?
>
> I googled around, but most of stuff is Java based (JMS).
> So far I found only Spread Toolkit, but it does not have security
> features right out of the box.

I am not sure whether it is good for your requirement, however quite
good library is ACE http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-overview.html
It is not super easy to learn to work with it, but once you get
familiar with it, it is very usefull.

Jeff F 01-14-2007 04:19 PM

Re: Looking for a c++ framework

"Fei Liu" <feiliu@aepnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys!
>
> I'm looking for some messaging framework (written in C/C++) which allows
> multiple applications on multiple machines to securely exchange messages
> (i.e. MAD daemons on multiple NSP) such as "user X logged in/out", "there
> are policy rules for user X", and such on.

Google OpenMPI? Also boost has reviewed and accepted an mpi library.

Jeff