Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam Discounts for Students (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45978-exam-discounts-for-students.html)

Christopher Armstrong 07-23-2003 02:33 AM

Exam Discounts for Students

Does anyone know of discounts on the exams for high school students?

I know they're not too expensive, but they are for someone with little
income.

Thanks.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= 07-23-2003 12:50 PM

Re: Exam Discounts for Students

"Christopher Armstrong" <chrisarmstrongNOSPAM@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of discounts on the exams for high school students?
>
> I know they're not too expensive, but they are for someone with little
> income.

That's what moms and dads are for.

Or part-time work at McDonald's.

--
Fris "In my day, we didn't HAVE moms and dads" bee® MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Politician Spock 07-23-2003 01:05 PM

Re: Exam Discounts for Students

"Christopher Armstrong" <chrisarmstrongNOSPAM@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of discounts on the exams for high school students?
>
> I know they're not too expensive, but they are for someone with little
> income.
>
> Thanks.

Considering Microsoft lists experience as an MCSE candidate prerequisite,
and that very, very few high schoolers have experience, why would Microsoft
direct such an incentive to the inexperienced? Fact is any high schooler
that has real world experience supporting Windows 2000 would most likely
also be able to afford the MCSE exams. Microsoft has nothing to gain by
giving them a discount.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

David Maggard 07-29-2003 06:17 PM

Re: Exam Discounts for Students

I don't think there are any discounts.
But if this is something you are really interested in, and you hve the
aptitude, then you shouldn't let the price stand in your way.
I think right out of high school may be a good time if you are at all like
me, I spent my high school years in the writing lab(computer lab) and often
help the network admin with network changes. I wish that I had had the
chance to get some certs then, it is really hard to find the time now that I
am working.