Velocity Reviews

-   -   net use and dos printing across domains (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45827-net-use-and-dos-printing-across-domains.html)

Andrew != andrew 07-12-2003 05:37 AM

net use and dos printing across domains

I've got an archaic piece of dos software that does not print correctly from
win2000 or winXP. To resolve the problem I use the following command:

net use lpt1: \\computername\printername /persistent:yes

This works perfectly, except when attempting to access resources in another
domain. To access the domain, I would normally have to provide a username
and password; however, net use only asks for a password. Obviously this gets
me nowhere, regardless of the password provided. How would I resolve this
problem?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

licknlabia 07-12-2003 09:45 AM

Re: net use and dos printing across domains

um, no, net use you can supply a domain\username password combo, here's an
example for ya.

net use l: \\dropzone\ftproot /USER:[domain]\[username] password

net use l: \\dropzone\ftproot /USER:dropzone\ftpcopy {0pym3hEr3PL3@Ze

this maps the drive, I don't see any reason why you can't use this syntax in
this situation.

- peace.