Velocity Reviews

-   The Lounge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f9-the-lounge.html)
-   -   Guess where I'm at right now! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t458-guess-where-im-at-right-now.html)

bigal 08-17-2005 12:08 AM

Guess where I'm at right now!

Can you guess my location right now? It's somewhere in the USA. Kind of like finding a needle in the haystack. My feet are firmly on the ground, not in outer space. All the clues are there for you to figure out where I am. The first person to figure out the city I am in right now will be the winner, and the winner gets a small token gift once I am home and able to send it out. The answer must be posted before I leave this place, which is tomorrow (Wednesday, 08-17-05) at 0800. My method of travel will be a ferry ride.
Good luck. Only one guess at the city per user is allowed, and no edited postings will be accepted. I will check in again before I leave (if I am able), but definately within the next few days.
:wave: :beer: :wave:

Technoholic 08-17-2005 12:59 AM

umm.. San Francisco?

unholy 08-17-2005 01:42 PM

Missisipi River?
I don't know, i hardly know any places in USA :P, i know, your going on a Biking trip :D, or not.... you taking a ride in Eriks Beefied invisible car i have not yet seen :D
I don't think the Clue is very obivious... "Ferry ride"?

Bio-Hazard 08-17-2005 05:28 PM

Lots and lots of places around here that you can go with a Ferry..........;)

PUTALE 08-17-2005 07:18 PM

NYC, going to the coney island

bigal 08-17-2005 10:56 PM

Good guesses, but nobody figured it out!

Well gentlemen (and I use that term loosely), I was in Seattle, Washington (USA). The needle and space clues were for the "Space Needle", and the ferry ride is something we took this morning while enroute to Victoria, on Vancouver Island in Canada. Technoholic was probably the closest guesser, but his guess was incorrect.
http://depts.washington.edu/ctltstaf...restaurant.jpg
We are now in a Bed and Breakfast Inn called the Abbeymoore Manor (www.abbeymoore.com), a beautiful place to spend a few days while seeing the sights of Victoria. Has anybody heard of the Butchart Gardens in Victoria? Here's the web site: http://www.butchartgardens.com/history . This is the main reason to visit the island, if you can ignore the beautiful weather, clean air, flowers everywhere, etc. I think we'll also visit with my aunt before we leave too. Before I know it, vacation time will end and we'll be back in Virginia.
Oh. Is anybody curious about the prize? It was a CoolerMaster Aerogate I. This is my favorite fan controller. I guess I'll have to come up with another contest to find a winner for this prize. Suggestions are welcome.... :bored:

Technoholic 08-18-2005 01:51 AM

LMAO. Nice one.

unholy 08-18-2005 07:34 AM

I see no FERRY's LIER :P
Nah jks,
U could action it off :D for chances to win the 200gb HDD :D, all my chances are gone so i WILL WIN MUAHAHAHA :D, maybe run a normal contest, first to post get a chance to win, and closes when theres a date to be conjoined....

bigal 08-19-2005 04:48 AM

New contest must be challenging....

I don't want to simply auction off the Cooler Master Aerogate I fan controller. You guys are worth much more than a simple auction. We should award it to someone that does something useful for the site. Like another "How to Guide" or something. But wait, that might be too much work.
Tell you what. Our flight out of Seattle won't be direct. The first person to post the name of the city where our flight will stop over enroute to our home will win the Cooler Master Aerogate I. This winning post must be posted after mine, but before I arrive home on Saturday night - when I will check this topic and post again. So let the games begin..... :fight:

Bio-Hazard 08-19-2005 05:00 AM