Velocity Reviews

-   -   Multi-dimensional Arrays (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t457539-multi-dimensional-arrays.html)

mshetty@mail.com 10-10-2006 01:44 PM

Multi-dimensional Arrays

Hi,

I am totally confused with the concept of arrays in CPP.

Is a 3D Char array equivalent to a 2D String array?

Thanks and Regards,
M Shetty

Victor Bazarov 10-10-2006 01:51 PM

Re: Multi-dimensional Arrays

mshetty@mail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally confused with the concept of arrays in CPP.
>
> Is a 3D Char array equivalent to a 2D String array?

What do you mean by "String"? BTW, the type is actually
"char", C++ is case sensitive, let's not forget that.

If by "String" you mean "an array of char", then yes, a 2D
array of "String" is in fact a 2D array of "array of char",
or, by definition, a 3D array of char.