Velocity Reviews

-   -   218: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45736-218-does-it-count-for-mcsa-and-mcse.html)

Ed 07-05-2003 01:08 PM

218: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE?

Hi folks,

You probably might think this is a dumb question from
someone like me, and yes I can the search but I didn't get
any results (probably due to my inability to use it
properly... ), and it probably has been already asked.

But instead of making endless assumptions, and wasting
wondering, I just want to get to the bottom of this, so
here goes: I know 218 is a core requirement for MCSA, but
does automatically count towards the MCSE?
In other words, given I have A+, Network+, 210, 215, 216,
217, 218 and 220, if I take 226, is the latter the last
step to be an MCSE? If it is, I'll have reason to
celebrate (and so will my dad, especially him), otherwise,
I want to be able to inform him quickly that I still have
another exam to take.

Please answer honestly to this post (as in, don't post the
answer I want to read: IF I need to take more exams, say
so). Yeah I know, you're gonna tell me I should know the
answer, but don't tell anydody.

Thx.

Ed,
A+, Network+, MCSA

Tom Helms 07-05-2003 02:59 PM

Re: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE?

As you'll see by comparing your completed exams to the MCSE requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...quirements.asp, you'll have
met the requirements after taking 70-226.

Edward Pflager 07-05-2003 03:00 PM

Re: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE?

Sounds like you have your MCSA already. And you need just one for your MCSE.

From http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...quirements.asp

70-218 is an elective for the MCSE and a requirement for the MCSA. (I'm
taking it on Monday morning).

Sirrab 07-15-2003 01:56 AM

Re: 218: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE?

Yes you can, 218 is an elective for mcse

Craig (MCSA)