Velocity Reviews

-   -   Whats is MCSE? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45676-whats-is-mcse.html)

john63401@yahoo.com 07-01-2003 07:01 PM

Whats is MCSE?

Im the Autocad where I work.... a small company.

However I also do a lot of IT administration. I don't
have a formal education in it.... just learned on the
job.

Lately Ive been thinking abt the MCSE.

What exactly is involved in getting it? Is it a home
study course? Or must one go to college?

Advice?

john63401@yahoo.com 07-01-2003 11:11 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

>MCSE is a lot of hard work. If you are serious about it -

OK..... but Im ready to commit to it.

>1.)Buy the books yourself.
>2.)Set up a test lab.

What do you mean by a test lab? Exactly what does a
test lab consist of?

>***Do NOT sign up with any training companies. ***

Why not sign up with training companies?

Andy Foster 07-02-2003 12:59 AM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

<john63401@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >MCSE is a lot of hard work. If you are serious about it -

> OK..... but Im ready to commit to it.
>
> >1.)Buy the books yourself.
> >2.)Set up a test lab.

> What do you mean by a test lab? Exactly what does a
> test lab consist of?

Learn to search newsgroups. The truth is out there.

> >***Do NOT sign up with any training companies. ***

> Why not sign up with training companies?

Learn to search newsgroups. The truth is out there.

HTH

Andy

Certer 07-02-2003 05:54 AM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

MCSE is networking...networking PCs. The test lab would
consist of networked PCs.

Buddy told you not to sign up with any training companies
based on his own opinion. This is most likely a bitter
person that feels he/she got ripped off when
they "studied" from an online course and flunked their
exam.

john63401@yahoo.com 07-02-2003 01:00 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

>MCSE is networking...networking PCs. The test lab would
>consist of networked PCs.

OK.....I did do a Google on "test lab" I found out a
test lab is a collection of computers that one can use
to "train" on.

Funny..... Ive been wanting to do that anyway....setup
a training network at home. I currently only have one
Dell 4100.

Tell me..... how MANY PCs would be a god number to have
for the test lab?

>Buddy told you not to sign up with any training companies
>based on his own opinion. This is most likely a bitter
>person that feels he/she got ripped off when
>they "studied" from an online course and flunked their
>exam.

So..... Im still confused. Can I study for this MCSE on
my own? Or should I take a course?

Certer 07-02-2003 03:34 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

Three would be great. That way you could have 2 servers
and a client machine to work with. If you can keep
yourself motivated, learning on your own is fine. I
personally like SmartCertify.com products. They have 24-
hour support, awesome courseware, and e-mail questions,
and test prep exams to help you prepare for the real exam.

--Certer

john63401@yahoo.com 07-02-2003 05:28 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

>Three would be great. That way you could have 2 servers
>and a client machine to work with. If you can keep
>yourself motivated, learning on your own is fine. I
>personally like SmartCertify.com products. They have 24-
>hour support, awesome courseware, and e-mail questions,
>and test prep exams to help you prepare for the real exam.
>
>--Certer

OK.... great!!!

Thanks Certer.

I guess I will look into buying two more PCs.

Can one of them be a laptop tho? Ive been wanting a
laptop anyway is why I ask.

Jtyc 07-02-2003 05:35 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

> I guess I will look into buying two more PCs.

vmware is another option you can look at

Consultant 07-02-2003 05:57 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

yes, don't be a smart ass, it works quite well

john63401@yahoo.com 07-02-2003 06:05 PM

Re: Whats is MCSE?

>yes, don't be a smart ass, it works quite well

Huh? Don't be a smart ass?

What do u mean?