Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSD 1.1 with SQL 2005 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45453-mcsd-1-1-with-sql-2005-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QW1pciBUaGUgUnVsZXI=?= 11-21-2005 06:24 AM

MCSD 1.1 with SQL 2005

Hi guys =)
I've already passed 2 core exams from MCSD 1.1 & SQL is left yet. Do i get
my MCAD if i pass SQL 2005 or i need to pass SQL 2000?!

Sounds odd? =D
Thanx anyway.

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?= 11-22-2005 01:48 AM

RE: MCSD 1.1 with SQL 2005

i dont think there is a design version of the SQL 2000 exam.

Personally? From what little reading I have done on .Net 2.0 if you have
MCAD I would drop anything and everything 1.1 related. Some of the changes in
2.0 make things so much easier!

This simplicity is not to imply there is less to learn on 2.0 becuase it
seems for everything they have made simple, they have added new functionality
so the amount to re-learn is about the same as one would expect.

DST 11-22-2005 09:43 AM

Re: MCSD 1.1 with SQL 2005

You need to pass 70-229 (SQL 2000). The new SQL 2005 exams are not
available yet, and I doubt they will count towards MCAD/MCSD.

Login on the MCP Member website and check your Certification Planner,
it will tell you all the options you have.

DST

Blackmetal 11-22-2005 02:06 PM

Re: MCSD 1.1 with SQL 2005

The current exams for MCAD/MCSD will not count for the new generation of
certifications. There will be an upgrade path in mid 2006.

You should read the news about the new certification exams, and you'll
realize that they are targeted to a different certification path, and
there's no way a current exam will count to the new certs. THAT'S WHY MS
CALLED "NEW GENERATION", it is hard to understand?