Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45406-70-316-win-apps-with-c-passed-yyyeeeesssss.html)

Peter Row 10-13-2005 03:31 PM

70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Sorry about that.
Just so pleased that I passed, the mock test software I used had me crapping
it a bit.
But passed no problems, pass rate was 700, I got 880. 42 questions in total
to answer,
took me about 1hr 30mins.

<Sits grinning like a cheshire cat> 8-)

Bye,
Peter

MW 10-13-2005 03:55 PM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Hello Peter,

Congrats, man :D:D

Mark Monster 10-14-2005 08:08 AM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Hello Peter,

Congrats!

Mark Monster

shiv_koirala@yahoo.com 10-14-2005 08:18 AM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Hi peter
Nice smelling sucess right

-------
Regards ,
C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book
http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
My Interview Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/

tbirdsall@gmail.com 10-14-2005 08:55 PM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Hi Peter,

Good job!

Tod Birdsall, MCSD for .NET
blog: http://tod1d.blogspot.com

erajsri@gmail.com 10-19-2005 01:03 PM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Hey Congrats !

Im planning to do 70-316 quite soon. Problem is I havnt got enuf
experience in most of the "objective areas" mentioned in the exam.
Thats why Im draggin this from Jan 2004. I use the braindumps and the
official study systesm for reference.

Some who do the exam say that the braindumps are an exact match of what
you get in the exam. Is this true, cos then I can hav a better
undesratnding of what to expect in the exam. Can you tell me what
exactly helped you in passing the exam.

Bik 10-20-2005 08:25 PM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

eraj. I would suggest that you don't really depent on the braindumps,
transcenders, but instead study couple of good books.

I've read page by page of Kalani's 70-316, and Wrox's Professional C#,
and Sam's Learning C# in 21 days. Then I read up on the BrainDump, and
found it had few errors. Some I couldn't answer. So for all those, I
went back to VS.NET to do the examples, and got the answers. Some were
not in Kalani's and I went to Microsoft.

At the end of it, I think I have a good solid understanding of C#. The
way Microsoft expects one to have. I'm going to take the test next
week, and see how it goes.

erajsri@gmail.com 10-23-2005 01:57 PM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

Good luck Bik,

I think you'd surely score over 950, the way you have prepared for
this.
I infact have Wrox's Professional C# and hav read some chapters here
and there ( I have read the entire MSPress book for 70-316 and am
revisiting chapters for revision purposes ) . I hear ppl saying that
you need to refer external material cos the study packs from Microsoft
aint good enuf. Well what they dont undesrtand is <b>we dont hav that
much time to read all these material. Im astounded by what you have
done.</b>
And also I do not get to spend much time playing around with VS.net.
Therefore whatever little time I get, I make sure I spend referring
70-316 material. Problem comes when you have to stop this habit for
awhile and then get back to studying again, cos by then you forget what
you had studied previously.
But it's one of my ambitions to be MCSD and I wont giv up on it. I
know the value of getting it specially in my country. So that said, I
want an easier route to getting it, one which would fit my time
schedule. I think doing question practice is something in that vein for
a guy like me.

=?Utf-8?B?Lk5FVCBSYWNlcg==?= 10-24-2005 02:11 AM

Re: 70-316 Win Apps with C#, PASSED, yyyeeeesssss!!

That's the sipirt!

But really, you should be spending just as much "hands-on" experience if not
more, as reading study materials.

In my opinion, the MS Press books cover some areas in more detail that
others, plus you have to look elsewhere you get a better understanding of the
concepts, such as using MSDN, www.gotdotnet.com and www.dotnet247.com.

To become fully equipped with the knowedge and technical expertise in
becoming a competent developer, you must continually learn new material, even
after passing the exams and obtaining the relevant certifications. Although,
I have the MCAD.NET, my learning on application development continues. This I
think, is one way of maintaining competency.
--
MCAD.NET