Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal Intel 955X Motherboard (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t454-gigabyte-ga-8i955x-royal-intel-955x-motherboard.html)

Silverstrand 08-10-2005 06:30 PM

Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal Intel 955X Motherboard

"The Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal comes with the ICH7R Southbridge chipset, which replaces the ICH6 on all 955X and 945P boards. The Intel 955X Northbridge supports Intel Pentium Extreme Edition and Pentium D dual core processors as well as any other LGA775 Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron processor. Two PCI Express x1 slots and three conventional PCI slots take care of expansion needs and the GA-8I955X Royal can support up to six IDE and six SATA II devices. Onboard peripherals include a Silicon Image SATA/RAID controller, a GIGARaid IDE/RAID controller, A pair of BroadCom Gigabit LAN adaptors and 7.1 channel Intel 'High Definition' sound."
REVIEW URL: http://www.pcstats.com/artvnl.cfm?articleID=1834

PUTALE 08-10-2005 06:57 PM

i hate intel for creating a new chipset just for the dual core:(

unholy 08-11-2005 06:06 AM

intel isn't very nice when it comes to cost...

PUTALE 08-16-2005 06:47 AM

that's true unholy.

unholy 08-17-2005 01:40 PM

so it be, i was researching amd and i came across proof that AMD k-6's are better then Intels P3 chip so DIE INTEL! :P

PUTALE 08-17-2005 07:16 PM

hahaha, someone hate intel to the bone:).

Flukemanguy 08-19-2005 08:32 AM

Oh don't even go there.

unholy 08-20-2005 03:18 AM

lol good point fluke

Flukemanguy 08-20-2005 04:40 AM

:D

unholy 08-20-2005 04:19 PM

i still found proof that intel p3s are worse then amd k-6's :D