Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to compile a CPP file in Command Prompt (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t453411-how-to-compile-a-cpp-file-in-command-prompt.html)

jefe 04-17-2006 05:08 PM

How to compile a CPP file in Command Prompt

Hi Everyone,
I wonder how can I compile my cpp file without using any IDE like
Visual Studio or othere simliar IDEs??
Regards,

mlimber 04-17-2006 05:19 PM

Re: How to compile a CPP file in Command Prompt

jefe wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I wonder how can I compile my cpp file without using any IDE like
> Visual Studio or othere simliar IDEs??

It can certainly be done, but it depends entirely on your compiler and
platform. You'll want to consult your compiler documentation or a
newsgroup that is concerned with your compiler or platform to get
information on the specifics for your case. See this FAQ for some
possibilities:

Cheers! --M

Victor Bazarov 04-17-2006 05:22 PM

jefe wrote:
> I wonder how can I compile my cpp file without using any IDE like
> Visual Studio or othere simliar IDEs??

Yes. But the way to compile your source depends entirely on the
actual compiler you use. Please post your inquiry to the newsgroup
that deals with your compiler.