Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to search a table by any of the field (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t451683-how-to-search-a-table-by-any-of-the-field.html)

sharadksh@gmail.com 02-10-2006 05:58 AM

how to search a table by any of the field

Can anyone let me know the aggorthim to seach a table by any of it's
fields. All the fields are of different types. Plz Help me..

Ian Collins 02-10-2006 06:43 AM

Re: how to search a table by any of the field

sharadksh@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone let me know the aggorthim to seach a table by any of it's
> fields. All the fields are of different types. Plz Help me..

What's Plz?

What form does the table take? You can't search if you don't know what
you are looking for...

--
Ian Collins.

Alf P. Steinbach 02-10-2006 06:49 AM

Re: how to search a table by any of the field

* sharadksh@gmail.com:
> Can anyone let me know the aggorthim to seach a table by any of it's
> fields. All the fields are of different types. Plz Help me..

What is the C++ question?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Howard 02-10-2006 04:46 PM

<sharadksh@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139551131.304349.245920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
> Can anyone let me know the aggorthim to seach a table by any of it's
> fields. All the fields are of different types. Plz Help me..

I suspect you're looking for information on searching a database...? You
might ask in a newsgroup dedicated to that database (e.g., SQL, Oracle,
Access, etc.), or to the technology you'll be using to access it (e.g.,
ODBC, ADO, etc.).

Here we only disacuss C++ _language_ questions.

-Howard

Jim Langston 02-11-2006 01:30 AM

Re: how to search a table by any of the field

<sharadksh@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139551131.304349.245920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
> Can anyone let me know the aggorthim to seach a table by any of it's
> fields. All the fields are of different types. Plz Help me..

What type of "table"? A multidimentional array? Some container class? A
database table?

Need more detail.