Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam 70-320 Test exam question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45165-exam-70-320-test-exam-question.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNoZXBoZXJk?= 04-16-2005 03:25 AM

Exam 70-320 Test exam question

This is a question from the automated practice test that comes with the
Micrsoft MCSD boxed set of books. I think it's wrong.

You create a Windows Service that connects to a SQL Server data source when
a user logs on. You find that because of network problems the client
application disconnects from the data source. You need to change the Windows
Service so that it checks the connection every five minutes and reconnects to
the data source if the connection is broken. You need to add this
functionality to the Windows Service, so you uninstall the service add the
functionality. You then rebuild and reinstall the service. However, when you
run the service, you cannot see the newly added functionality. Which of the
following tasks should you perform to view the new functionality? (Choose one
correct option.)

1) Update the existing installers, and then rebuild the service application.
2) Debug the service, and find out why you cannot view the functionality.
3) Remove the existing installers, add new installers, and then rebuild the
service aplication.
4) Verify the permissions for the security context, and then rebuild the
service application.

Answer: 3 (???)

What does removing the installers do? If you look at the code in the
studio-generated installers, it just consists of basic properties like the
service name and the account. Why would removing the installers and adding
identical installers have any impact at all?

Joseph MCAD 04-17-2005 02:33 AM

Re: Exam 70-320 Test exam question

April 16, 2005

3 wouldn't have any impact. A, C, and D don't state a solution that will
work. It is something else besides the installers and security so you will
have to debug it and find out what is causing the problem. Therefore the
answer is B. Hope you have a great day!

Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Application
Developer