Velocity Reviews

-   -   C++ POSIX implementation? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t451335-c-posix-implementation.html)

darkspleen@gmail.com 01-26-2006 03:49 AM

C++ POSIX implementation?

Hello:

Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

Thanks in advance.

Shark 01-26-2006 04:36 AM

Re: C++ POSIX implementation?

darkspleen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
> I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
> portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.
>
> Thanks in advance.

boost has a threads library that uses posix.

Ian Collins 01-26-2006 04:38 AM

Re: C++ POSIX implementation?

darkspleen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?

Well considering how vast POSIX is and that there are several standards,
no.

Have a look ate ACE, I haven't used it in a while, but might give you
what you require.

--
Ian Collins.

Roland Pibinger 01-26-2006 07:53 AM

Re: C++ POSIX implementation?

http://www.basepath.com/aup/ex/group__Ux.html

lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de 01-26-2006 07:56 AM

Re: C++ POSIX implementation?

MFC is mostly a class wrapper for all of the Windows C API. But mainly
used to create
GUI application.

If you search for GUI also, lets try www.wxwidgets.org. They have a
multiplatform C++ API.

Regards, Lothar

Gianni Mariani 01-26-2006 02:50 PM

Re: C++ POSIX implementation?

darkspleen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
> I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
> portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

Austria C++ has a wrapper for both Win32 and pthreads (one interface).

http://austria.sourceforge.net/

mrenaud92 07-25-2012 05:03 AM

I know it's been a while since you originally posted this, but what specific parts of the POSIX API are you going to be using? Recently I've been working on a small C++ wrapper, the source code is at https://github.com/mrenaud92/posix-lib if you're still interested. I'm actively developing it as I'm using it for several other projects.

HTH

-- Matt