Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft MCSD certification 's Job-opening (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45115-microsoft-mcsd-certification-s-job-opening.html)

Cristiano 03-26-2005 04:33 PM

Microsoft MCSD certification 's Job-opening

Once you get the MCSD,which Job-opportunities can you get,
if this is the only qualification you have?
What is the lower( or so) salary you can expect to get
with this certification?
Is it wort spending 4.000 pounds to get this certification?
(in England)
If someone shou8ld know something, since he is in this
sector, please spend some seconds to answer.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Cris.

03-28-2005 03:07 PM

Re: Microsoft MCSD certification 's Job-opening

Some job recruiters review 100 or more resumes per day. The MCSD
certification could increase your exposure, becuase they sometimes enter
this as a keyword when searching employment websites. What does this mean
for someone with no actual programming experience? The certification might
push your resume closer to the top of the pile, and it could increase your
chances of landing an entry level position as a maintenace programmer on the
night shift for a company that will probably go bankrupt in less than 1
year. The good news is that once you survive this experience, you can list 1
year of programming to your resume, which will improve things somewhat for
your next job search.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey
that no one can take for us or spare us.
- Marcel Proust

Saga 03-28-2005 03:46 PM

Re: Microsoft MCSD certification 's Job-opening

Just to add to what WKidd says...

Beware of scavenger companies, those who are looking for anyone
that is certified just so that they can cmply with MS' requirements
to be classified as a partner. Mind you, I am not saying to avoid these
companies becasue as WKidd says, they are experience, just be aware
of what you are getting into so that you won't make wrong decision.

Good luck!
Saga

Are you in England??