Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is an MFC/C++ ActiveX control best? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t450325-is-an-mfc-c-activex-control-best.html)

Jon Turlington 12-06-2005 06:55 PM

Is an MFC/C++ ActiveX control best?

To anyone with an opinion:

I am trying to write a series of fixes for customers on our website. I
want it to do things like clear temp. internet files, delete cookies,
setup outlook express(with ins file), and a series of other easy fixes,
but I am unsure of what language can handle it and what language can
handle it best. I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
fixes on their site and I am trying to mimic something of that nature.
If anyone has any input please let me know.

TIA,
Jon

mlimber 12-06-2005 07:01 PM

Re: Is an MFC/C++ ActiveX control best?

Jon Turlington wrote:
> To anyone with an opinion:
>
> I am trying to write a series of fixes for customers on our website. I
> want it to do things like clear temp. internet files, delete cookies,
> setup outlook express(with ins file), and a series of other easy fixes,
> but I am unsure of what language can handle it and what language can
> handle it best. I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
> fixes on their site and I am trying to mimic something of that nature.
> If anyone has any input please let me know.
>
> TIA,
> Jon

Standard C++ alone cannot help you since you need some sort of
OS-dependent or third-party library, but such things are off-topic
here. This newsgroup is solely for standard C++ language and library
discussions. See this FAQ for what is on-topic here and for some
suggestions of where to post:

Cheers! --M

red floyd 12-06-2005 07:46 PM

mlimber wrote:
> Jon Turlington wrote:
>
>>[request for uninstaller opinion redcated]
>>

> [description of OT redacted]
>
> Cheers! --M

mlimber is correct about the off-topicness of this. But I want to add
one OT comment.

ActiveX in webpages is EVIL!!!!