Velocity Reviews

-   -   HDD RAW sector reading in Visual C++ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t450286-hdd-raw-sector-reading-in-visual-c.html)

Gnurto 12-05-2005 05:43 PM

HDD RAW sector reading in Visual C++

Hello,

I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
sectors in a HDD.
I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
Win32 systems)...
If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
I would really be grateful....

Thanks.

mlimber 12-05-2005 05:48 PM

Re: HDD RAW sector reading in Visual C++

Gnurto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
> sectors in a HDD.
> I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
> IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
> XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
> Win32 systems)...
> If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
> codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
> I would really be grateful....
>
> Thanks.

This is an OS-specific question and should be posted in a different
newsgroup. See the FAQ for what is on-topic and for some suggested
alternatives:

Cheers! --M

W Marsh 12-05-2005 05:49 PM

On 5 Dec 2005 09:43:26 -0800, "Gnurto" <bryu1@caramail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
>sectors in a HDD.
>I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
>IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
>XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
>Win32 systems)...
> If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
>codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
>I would really be grateful....
>
>Thanks.

Wrong group. This is about the C++ language, not platform specific
programming tasks.

Victor Bazarov 12-05-2005 05:49 PM

Gnurto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
> sectors in a HDD.
> I know that in Win CE, [...]

This has nothing to do with Standard C++. You're in a wrong newsgroup.
Try 'comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32' or any other relevant forum.