Velocity Reviews

-   -   can anyone coach me in C++ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t449583-can-anyone-coach-me-in-c.html)

anandkumar 11-05-2005 11:25 AM

can anyone coach me in C++

look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
for
C++............

Sandeep 11-05-2005 11:32 AM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

anandkumar wrote:
> look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
> for
> C++............

Just take that first step - Start writing programs, and keep coming
back here with your questions, you will get enough coaches here. Spoon
feeding - Sorry , you will have to look some other place.

ben 11-05-2005 01:12 PM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

Sandeep wrote:
> anandkumar wrote:
>
>>look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
>>for
>>C++............

> Just take that first step - Start writing programs, and keep coming
> back here with your questions, you will get enough coaches here. Spoon
> feeding - Sorry , you will have to look some other place.

If you live in the same city as I am and you are willing to pay a
reasonable price I can coach you personally :) Otherwise, you will have
to write an AI program in C++ to coach yourself. Have fun!

Ben

Bill 11-05-2005 03:57 PM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:25:31 -0800, anandkumar wrote:

> look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
> for
> C++............

I've been doing c++ for about two years. Self taught. I got a couple of
c++ for beginners or ... in 24 hours. Dry reading but I have knocked out a
few cheesy programs. Library is a good place. Make sure they are for the
OS you need, Linux or Win.

I am working on getting my web site back up which I have some source code
for my cheesy PGMs. learningcenter.fafarm.net.

Paramesh 11-06-2005 12:46 AM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

Hi Anand,

Buy a good book.
A good book will be a good coach.

Regards,
Paramesh.

Tom the Canuck 12-04-2005 06:05 PM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

"Paramesh" <cegparamesh@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1131238005.151881.205250@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi Anand,
>
> Buy a good book.
> A good book will be a good coach.
>
> Regards,
> Paramesh.

Paramesh, you left out one critical element.
A brain that works. Without the brain, the
book will not work.

Tom the Canuck.

roberts.noah@gmail.com 12-04-2005 06:41 PM

Re: can anyone coach me in C++

anandkumar wrote:
> look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
> for
> C++............

Ok. I've done much coaching and you better know that all a coach does
is stand there and order you around. They will answer specific
questions and should work you toward your goals but mostly they just
stand there and tell you to do things. That latter part is what I
intend to do...if you have questions you have a thousand people right
here that will answer. When you have goals I will maybe direct you in
ways to reach them - if I can....no single person is an expert
programmer in all domains.

My first order:

Change your newsgroup to alt.comp.lang.learn.c++

Second order:

Download or purchase Thinking in C++ by Bruce Ekel and read up to pg
119. Do the first two problems. When you have done that post again
and I will order you around some more.

Doing this will require that you have a compiler and that you learn the
basics of using it. It is for this reason that the first two problems
are given now even though the book will cover more than that in those
first two chapters. When and if you finish more will be given from the
list of exercizes. The more you challenge yourself the more willing I
am to help - ie, if you don't challenge yourself I'll loose interest
and quit as I find such people boorish.

My time is valuable to me - if you waste it you will find me less than
helpful in the future.