Velocity Reviews

-   -   PC Speaker Music (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t448885-pc-speaker-music.html)

a.dheeraj.kumar@gmail.com 10-07-2005 01:55 PM

PC Speaker Music

How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

Victor Bazarov 10-07-2005 02:07 PM

Re: PC Speaker Music

a.dheeraj.kumar@gmail.com wrote:
> How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

You need to install a particular driver and then do it as you would with
any other speaker. BTW, do you have a C or a C++ *language* question?

Flash Gordon 10-07-2005 02:41 PM

Re: PC Speaker Music

a.dheeraj.kumar@gmail.com wrote:
> How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

Standard C knows nothing about wav files and at most how to make some
systems do some form of beep (by printing a bell to standard output). I
can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
standard.

Try asking in a group dedicated to your system, but check the FAQ and a
few days postings on the group you select first.
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

red floyd 10-07-2005 04:26 PM

Re: PC Speaker Music

Flash Gordon wrote:
> can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
> sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
> standard.

I believe it's '\a'.

Dale 10-07-2005 05:00 PM

Re: PC Speaker Music

a.dheeraj.kumar@gmail.com wrote in news:1128693336.382472.179890
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

Google. Use it.

Mike Wahler 10-07-2005 06:56 PM

Re: PC Speaker Music

"Flash Gordon" <spam@flash-gordon.me.uk> wrote in message
> a.dheeraj.kumar@gmail.com wrote:
>> How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

> Standard C knows nothing about wav files and at most how to make some
> systems do some form of beep (by printing a bell to standard output). I
> can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
> sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
> standard.

C (and C++) define an escape sequence '\a' which
means 'alert'. Which may or may not manifest itself
as an audible signal. Depends upon the implementation
and platform.

-Mike