Velocity Reviews

-   -   what next? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44703-what-next.html)

anonymous 10-08-2004 08:00 PM

what next?

I am now mcad.net. I am not working. I was vb developer.
I couldn't work from 2000 because of my own decision to
be a full time mom. However I had some time to get
updated with technology. I definetly will be working in
future - may be within a year. I would like to know what
MS certification next will help me(to get a job)?

TIA

Saga 10-08-2004 08:30 PM

Re: what next?

An MCAD.NET mom? Hey congrats!!!

The next logical step is to get the MCSD cert. Thiis is
just a few steps away.

MCSD requires 5 tests:

305 or 315 (1)
306 or 316 (2)
310 or 320 (3)

300 (4) and one elective (5), which can be 229, 230, 234, 330 or 340.

So, the questions you have to ask yourself are:

Which of these exams have I taken already?
Which ones do I need?

Since MCAD requires 3 exams, these might be any of the ones
listed above. In this case, you would need to take 2 more exams.

Here is the MCSD page:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

Good luck!
Saga

Cindy Winegarden 10-08-2004 11:54 PM

Re: what next?

Hi Mom!

Ultimately what gets you a job is how you match the requirements of come
employer in your area, and we can't predict that. Think of certification
preparation as an opportunity to broaden your skill set.

cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com