Velocity Reviews

-   -   Where to start (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44692-where-to-start.html)

Jimmy 10-06-2004 02:16 PM

Where to start

I have no idea where to start on MCSD, I want a job in
computers so I'm going for it, but what do I do?

what is c-sharp is it a new vb? Is it hard or easy?

Thanks

Jim

Saga 10-06-2004 03:28 PM

Re: Where to start

First, you have to ask yourself where you are at presently.

MCSD tests your .NET skills (among others), so if you are
starting off in .NET, I suggest that first you get some intro
books and go through those. Get some programming
experience. Use VS.NET and follow the examples in the books.
Only after you are comfortable with .NET and have some
experience and understanding of it will you be able to start
preparing for the certification exams.

Look here: www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

Read through it, especially the requirements link.

Go to amazon.com and search for mcsd and mcad for
preperation material. Read the reviews. Read the posts in this
ng as well as in the microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad ng.
You will find recommendations on how to prepare, which
books are right and which practice exams are availble.

You need to fnd a test center near you. If you have a nearby
college or university, ask there, they may be able to help you.
If necessary, get ion touch with your local Microsoft office.
They too may be able to point you in the right direction.

Not only prepare for the exam, but also prepare yourself on
how to take it. Oe thing is to know the material, another is
to know how to take the exam. This is why there are practice
exams available.

Good luck
Saga

Kevin 10-06-2004 03:54 PM

Re: Where to start

I don't know who is more stupid, the OP/Troll who posted
the stupid "question", or you for replying to it.

Saga 10-06-2004 04:14 PM

Re: Where to start

I really can't compare levels of stupidity here. I would like to
assume that people who post here is because they want an
answer. If they are trolls, that's their problem; however, if you
can help me eliminate some of my stupidity by telling me how
to spot a troll, I'd certainly appreciate it. I don't have time to
waste like this and if I decide to answer it is because I at least
hope the OP -or anyone else that reads it- will make some
good use of it.

Saga

Raja 10-06-2004 04:36 PM

Re : Where to start

Well, troll or not, I'm posting the Amazon links to MCAD
books here so that someone else might also benefit from
this post.

MCAD VB.net track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

MCAD C# track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
70-316 : http://tinyurl.com/64coq
70-320 : http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

Two other books I recommend for ADO.net and ASP.net are
ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

- Raja.

Kevin 10-06-2004 05:00 PM

Re: Where to start

Well Saga, whether or not the OP (and others) are Trolls
don't really matter, but let's assume the OP is for real.
Well anyone that stupid can't really be employed to work
with computers or even expect to get a job working with
computers, can they? I've never worked with anyone who was
so stupid they could not figure out the answers to the type
of "questions" which are asked here. Working as an
Analyst/programmer, database designer, network
administrator, etc. etc, requires an ability which these
people clearly have no hope in achieving.

I've included the contents of the original post, just so
you can have one more look at it to see it has "Troll"
written all over it. And I truly hope he/she is a Troll,
heaven help if these people are for real.

Saga 10-06-2004 05:15 PM

Re: Where to start

Thanks for getting back.

I sometimes wonder of instead of "stupid", they are just
plain lazy. I am sure your logic applies to these people
as well <g>.

I agree with your remarks. I believe that the Darwinian
principle of "survival of the fittest" also applies here. Those
that can't cut it will hopefully get seperated from the herd
and find their purpose in life as protein for some other
life form.

As Raja and I mentioned, we can only hope that our
replies will be read by those that are serious about this
profession and the certs.

Regards,

Kevin 10-06-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Where to start

>I agree with your remarks. I believe that the Darwinian
>principle of "survival of the fittest" also applies here.
>Those that can't cut it will hopefully get seperated from the
>herd and find their purpose in life as protein for some other
>life form.

they sure do.

>As Raja and I mentioned, we can only hope that our
>replies will be read by those that are serious about this
>profession and the certs.

I'm sure there are those who do, but in reality these exams
are hardly quantum mechanics material are they!

10-08-2004 04:55 PM

Where to start

u should start on vb 6.its quite easy...
by the way c#(sharp) is a language..
extended from c and c++...