Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question Regarding Exam 70-310 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44632-question-regarding-exam-70-310-a.html)

Rick 09-19-2004 04:04 PM

Question Regarding Exam 70-310

Hi,

My plan to get a MCSD.net is to pass the exams in this order: 306, 305, 310,
229, 300. However I could get my MCAD.net early if I do them 306, 310, 229,
305, 300. It seems that it would be harder to pass 310 without passing 305
first. Is passing 305 a good pre-requisite for passing 310? I would think
so. Any comments or advice on this? Thanks.

Rick

Rick 09-19-2004 04:06 PM

Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I'm almost ready to take the 306 exam so I don't
want to start with 305.

Rick

Cédric BONNOT 09-19-2004 05:32 PM

Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

If you do in this order, you will also have the MCAD.NET.

I did 70-315, 70-320 and 70-316

Regards

Cédric

Rick 09-20-2004 11:27 AM

Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

Hi,

I have it figured out now. I thought that the elective for MCAD had to be
something like 70-229. I didn't know I could use 70-305 as my elective. It
works differently for MCSD.

Rick

valko 09-21-2004 04:25 PM

Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

Hi Rick,

I passed them already this month in that order: 305, 306,310 :-))

and yes to get 305 before 310 is a very good idea, because they overlap in
many areas very much and also on 310 exam there was few questions from 305
area.

par example I remember 2 questions from my yesterday 310, they give you code
with 4 connection strings and ask you how many pools you will have (answer
was 3 because 2 strings was the same) - you get 1 pool for every UNIQUE
connection string , and it was absolutely the same question on my 306 exam,
for ref. see:
see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...taprovider.asp

second question was about Min Pool Size - you must to remember that it is
set up in connection string and there was same question in 305 too. see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tringtopic.asp

if you look carefully in last link you will see "If you do not specify a
network and you use a local server (for example, "." or "(local)"), shared
memory is used." - I do not see question about this, but that details
actually do MSDN THE BEST source for learning - I do not beleive you met in
any book preparing you for exam such details.

good luck
Valko

"Rick" <richard.ferber@gte.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My plan to get a MCSD.net is to pass the exams in this order: 306, 305,

310,
> 229, 300. However I could get my MCAD.net early if I do them 306, 310,

229,
> 305, 300. It seems that it would be harder to pass 310 without passing 305
> first. Is passing 305 a good pre-requisite for passing 310? I would think
> so. Any comments or advice on this? Thanks.
>
> Rick

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 09-21-2004 04:32 PM

Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

>MSDN THE BEST source for learning

you are correct sir.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3