Velocity Reviews

-   -   70 305 vs 306 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44629-70-305-vs-306-a.html)

Tina 09-18-2004 01:25 AM

70 305 vs 306

I have passed 70-305 (VB-WEB) and now I want to prepare for 70-306 (VB-Win).
I used Mike Gunderloy's book, which was excellent, for 70-305 (four inched
thick) and I suspect his 306 book would be the same and have a lot of
redundant material such as ADO.

Is there a book that just preps me for the differences?
TIA,

Tom Dacon 09-18-2004 04:17 PM

Re: 70 305 vs 306

> thick) and I suspect his 306 book would be the same and have a lot of
> redundant material such as ADO.

Redundant material??? Surely you don't think that database access is a
redundant topic for a certification test in Microsoft Windows client
application development, do you?

Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

Raja 09-19-2004 04:05 AM

Re : 70 305 vs 306

If you hate thick books, try the exam cram version of 306
book. The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/5phs9

- Raja.

09-20-2004 03:28 PM

Re: 70 305 vs 306

Hi,

If you feel you already know the .NET Framework and
ADO .NET I recommend you this book:
MCAD/MCSD Training Kit-Developing Windows-Based
Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
Microsoft Visual C# .NET

It is from MS Press, it includes all the things you need
to know (you might already know) for passing the 70-306.

Tina 09-21-2004 05:28 PM

Re: 70 305 vs 306

I guess you haven't had your morning coffe yet :)

Tom Dacon 09-21-2004 05:42 PM

Re: 70 305 vs 306

Guilty as charged :-)

TD