Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsofts policies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44614-microsofts-policies.html)

Boogghy 09-11-2004 01:06 PM

Microsofts policies

When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
i desire so is there any thing i could do.

reply to www.bonganisjn@yahoo.com

Hermit Dave 09-11-2004 01:26 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

Policies are simple... the current certifications being offered are for the
application dev platform microsoft would like everyone to use.

Either way .net is way better than either dev using DNA... so right now the
only certifications being offered are .net related. or current products
related. not something thats dated and marked for discontinuation

Please get on with .net programming... you can continue to take advantage of
your current skills as they will still be used to support and bug fix.. but
you unfortunately cannot certify on those products any more

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

Brad 09-11-2004 06:31 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

I know it may seem like a bum rap to have two exams down and the rest are
discontinued, but in the future if you keep with with trends and
announcements at MS website, this newsgroup and other places, you'll find MS
generally announce exam retirements a year or more in advance.

As far as there being anything that you can do... no not really. The exams
you did pass are still valid on your transcript, but if the exams you still
need are retired, then that is that.

Here is the current retirment list (they all retired in June):

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...mstoretire.asp

"Boogghy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
> qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
> stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
> will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
> the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
> country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
> i desire so is there any thing i could do.
>
> reply to www.bonganisjn@yahoo.com

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 09-12-2004 03:16 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

Cindy, I hope you're not caught up in yet another hurricane!

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:12 -0700, "Boogghy"

>When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
>qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
>stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
>will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
>the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
>country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
>i desire so is there any thing i could do.
>
>reply to www.bonganisjn@yahoo.com

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Hermit Dave 09-12-2004 03:22 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

actually she hasn't been around for a while...

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
> Cindy, I hope you're not caught up in yet another hurricane!
>
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:12 -0700, "Boogghy"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
> >qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
> >stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
> >will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
> >the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
> >country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
> >i desire so is there any thing i could do.
> >
> >reply to www.bonganisjn@yahoo.com

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 09-12-2004 04:01 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

>actually she hasn't been around for a while...

that's what I mean!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden 09-13-2004 05:23 PM

Re: Microsofts policies

Hi Kline Sphere,

Thanks for thinking of me; I'm in North Carolina USA so Ivan hasn't hit here
(yet). Sometimes I just have other stuff that has to get done.

cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com