Velocity Reviews

-   -   Full Screen (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t445399-full-screen.html)

EreN 12-04-2006 01:40 PM

Full Screen

Hi!
Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
before..
I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
screen mode?
Thanx...

Chris Dollin 12-04-2006 02:20 PM

Re: Full Screen

EreN wrote:

> Hi!
> Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
> before..
> I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
> screen mode?

That depends heavily on what environment (operating system, etc)
you're running in. There is /no/ solution that works using only
Standard C. So your best bet is to ask somewhere environment-
specific, where you can not only expect an answer but to have
that answer supported (or not) by other local experts.

On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in. Here there's
a strong bias for discussing the implementation-independant
aspects of C.

--
Chris "subtle, like a barrel" Dollin
"Never ask that question!" Ambassador Kosh, /Babylon 5/

jacob navia 12-04-2006 02:24 PM

Re: [OT] Full Screen

Chris Dollin a écrit :
> EreN wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
>>before..
>>I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
>>screen mode?

> That depends heavily on what environment (operating system, etc)
> you're running in. There is /no/ solution that works using only
> Standard C. So your best bet is to ask somewhere environment-
> specific, where you can not only expect an answer but to have
> that answer supported (or not) by other local experts.
>
> On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
> there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in. Here there's
> a strong bias for discussing the implementation-independant
> aspects of C.

< OT >

I think windows doesn't let you "full screen" any more.
I am using windows server 2003, and there is no way to
put a console in full screen. Alt+Return doesn't work,
and the "window" parameter of the properties dialog
doesn't show any more the "full screen" option...

With modern screens like 1920x1280, that would look horrible anyway

< /OT >

Richard Heathfield 12-04-2006 02:25 PM

Re: Full Screen

Chris Dollin said:

> EreN wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
>> before..
>> I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
>> screen mode?

<snip>

> On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
> there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in.

If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 is
probably EreN's best bet.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

CBFalconer 12-04-2006 02:54 PM

Re: Full Screen

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Chris Dollin said:
>> EreN wrote:
>>
>>> Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
>>> before.. I want to ask that how can i make my console program
>>> open in full screen mode?

> <snip>
>
>> On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
>> there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in.

> If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
> is probably EreN's best bet.

Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
standard portable C language, and that he should have lurked for a
while before posting to discover what is and is not topical here.
This advice applies to all newsgroups.

--
Some informative links:

Richard Heathfield 12-04-2006 04:20 PM

Re: Full Screen

CBFalconer said:

> Richard Heathfield wrote:

<snip>

>> If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
>> is probably EreN's best bet.

> Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
> standard portable C language,

Read Chris Dollin's reply more closely.

Chris Dollin 12-04-2006 04:27 PM

Re: Full Screen

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> CBFalconer said:
>
>> Richard Heathfield wrote:

> <snip>
>>>
>>> If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
>>> is probably EreN's best bet.

>> Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
>> standard portable C language,

> Read Chris Dollin's reply more closely.

Although I didn't state it as strongly as CB did or give
the lurking advice, so I forgive him.

--
Chris "subtle, like a barrel" Dollin
Scoring, bah. If I want scoring I'll go play /Age of Steam/.

Keith Thompson 12-04-2006 08:10 PM

Re: [OT] Full Screen

jacob navia <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr> writes:
[...]
> < OT >
>
> I think windows doesn't let you "full screen" any more.

Mine does. The details are, of course, completely off-topic here, but
there are a plethora of Windows newsgroups where you can discuss this
as much as you like.

EreN 12-04-2006 09:47 PM

Re: Full Screen

hi again to everyone #including <CBFalconer.h>

first of all, i want to thank you for your kind and helpful attitude
towards my question.
i said "Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been
opened
before" but of course ive searched it million times and i couldnt find
a proper answer.
you say that we are only discussing portable c. i ve posted it here
because i just wanted an solution in
the frames of portable c.

some of them have given me links opening to"How To Ask Questions The
Smart Way" etc.
i have searched links like "How To Be Human or Humanoid" but i couldnt
find it.
after that the Uncle Google remind me that it's something innate skill.
Thanx.

santosh 12-05-2006 01:59 AM

Re: Full Screen

EreN wrote:
> hi again to everyone #including <CBFalconer.h>

Please include some context when replying.

> first of all, i want to thank you for your kind and helpful attitude
> towards my question.
> i said "Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been
> opened
> before" but of course ive searched it million times and i couldnt find
> a proper answer.
> you say that we are only discussing portable c. i ve posted it here
> because i just wanted an solution in
> the frames of portable c.

Standard C has no concept of screen, let alone full-screens. Generally,
changing to full-screen mode is highly system specific, hence posting
this question to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer etc. would elicit a much
better response.