Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSD Exams: Price (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44535-mcsd-exams-price.html)

Marten 08-19-2004 07:55 AM

MCSD Exams: Price

Hello;

I really would like to get my MCSD certification. Next
week I'll by the "MCAD/MCSD Self Paced Training Kit: NET
Core Requirements"-books. The price of these books is ok
for me. But I have a problem with the price of each exam!

Now my question is: How do you guys/girls get certified?
Do YOU pay for the exams and books ? Or does your BOSS pay
for the certification ? What is the most occuring case?

Regards!
M.

Ivor 08-19-2004 10:28 AM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

Be nice to your boss. Mine put me through an MCSE course and I told
them it was much good without the exam. Your case is that by doing
the exam, you really raise your game and develop a much fuller
understanding of the subject.
If you do get your boss to agree, try and get the cost for a couple of
extra exams thrown in. Unless your really good and working in the
field, there's a good chance you might fail one or two and this should
be factored in when trying to get certification.
Ivor
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:55:27 -0700, "Marten"

Ivor 08-19-2004 11:40 AM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

Hi Martin, BTW I've just bought the books on ebay, if you want to keep
in touch, feel free to contact me and let me know how you are gettting
on.
Ivor
NB
edit my email address accordingly

Eric 08-19-2004 07:24 PM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

Marten wrote:

> I really would like to get my MCSD certification. Next
> week I'll by the "MCAD/MCSD Self Paced Training Kit: NET
> Core Requirements"-books. The price of these books is ok
> for me. But I have a problem with the price of each exam!

I would get the Kalani or Gunderloy books instead.

> Now my question is: How do you guys/girls get certified?
> Do YOU pay for the exams and books ? Or does your BOSS pay
> for the certification ? What is the most occuring case?

My company will re-imburse for the cost of the test, but only if we
pass. They don't give any time off for studying or taking the test :-(

Eric

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 08-22-2004 12:24 PM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

>Unless your really good and working in the
>field

should that statement go without saying!!!!!

jesus, we seem intend on breeding more and more morons!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

UAError 08-22-2004 01:48 PM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote:

>>Unless your really good and working in the
>>field

>should that statement go without saying!!!!!
>
>jesus, we seem intend on breeding more and more morons!
>
>Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Why do I think you'll find the following short story amusing
(and horrifying):

The Marching Morons,
by C. M. Kornbluth
Galaxy, April, 1951.

Found in:

His Share of Glory: The Complete Short Science Fiction of
C.M. Kornbluth
by C. M. Kornbluth
Hardcover: 670 pages
Publisher: Nesfa Press; (April 1, 1997)
ISBN: 0915368609

2000x: The Marching Morons (Unabridged)
C.M. Kornbluth
Adapted for audio by Bert Ross
http://www.audible.com/adbl/store/am...1102000&scic=0
http://www.audible.com

WhoCares 08-23-2004 07:43 PM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

I wouldn't be so quick in pointing out morons here Kline.
You can't even spell (ie intend, should be intent). You
need to ease up a bit.

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 08-24-2004 06:31 AM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

>I wouldn't be so quick in pointing out morons here Kline.
>You can't even spell (ie intend, should be intent).

wow I feel so <sic> insalted; thank god I have a pa...

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 08-24-2004 09:16 AM

Re: MCSD Exams: Price

>Why do I think you'll find the following short story amusing
>(and horrifying):
>
>The Marching Morons,

will look it up.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3