Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to compile c to dll (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t444947-how-to-compile-c-to-dll.html)

aze 11-01-2006 04:41 PM

How to compile c to dll

Hi,

I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
likes of me :-)

I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
(PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
application.

Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Justin

Barry Schwarz 11-01-2006 05:12 PM

Re: How to compile c to dll

On 1 Nov 2006 08:41:46 -0800, "aze" <contact@parkesconsultancy.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
>likes of me :-)
>
>I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
>(PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
>compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
>application.
>
>Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??
>
>Thanks in advance for any help at all.
>
>Justin

You posted this 30 minutes ago under a different title. Usenet is not
a chat room. You need to give your message time to circulate and
people time to respond.

Remove del for email

Bill Medland 11-01-2006 05:23 PM

Re: How to compile c to dll

aze wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
> likes of me :-)
>
> I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
> (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
> compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
> application.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??
>
> Thanks in advance for any help at all.
>
> Justin

Presumably from what you have said you are doing this on Microsoft Windows.
You would be better addressing this to
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
If you are lucky then it is as simple as:
1. Open a "Command Prompt" window
2. Change directory to where the three files are stored.
3. Type "nmake -f pdfp.mak"

If you are unlucky then ask there.
--
Bill Medland

Flash Gordon 11-01-2006 05:25 PM

Re: How to compile c to dll

aze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
> likes of me :-)
>
> I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
> (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
> compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
> application.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

Use a compilation system that supports whatever sort of file the .mak
file is.

> Thanks in advance for any help at all.

I suggest asking where ever you got the files from. We deal with
standard C here, not the vagaries of every implementation or identifying
which of the many implementations a given set of files were written for.
--
Flash Gordon

Herbert Rosenau 11-01-2006 06:53 PM

Re: How to compile c to dll

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:41:46 UTC, "aze"
<contact@parkesconsultancy.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
> likes of me :-)
>
> I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
> (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
> compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
> application.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

You'll need a compiler that compiles your c files and a linker that
will be able to link the object files the compiler produces.

> Thanks in advance for any help at all.

The rest is off topic on this group. Go to a programming roup that
handles your OS.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert