Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44391-mcsd.html)

Marie 07-07-2004 05:52 PM

MCSD

Does anyone knows what are some good Microsoft classes or
books for someone who's starting to obtain a MCSD
certification

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 07-07-2004 06:51 PM

Re: MCSD

>Does anyone knows what are some good Microsoft classes or
>books for someone who's starting to obtain a MCSD
>certification

ping Cindy....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden 07-07-2004 07:24 PM

Re: MCSD

In news: 290a901c4644b$21ad5930$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Marie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone knows what are some good Microsoft classes or
> books for someone who's starting to obtain a MCSD
> certification

Hi Marie,

You haven't said which language you're most familiar with - VB or C#. You
haven't said which part of the world you're in if you're looking for live
classes.

The "good books" question is posted often enough here that a search at
groups.google.com with "book" and the number of the exam should bring up
lots of leads. Also, if you scroll down and look through messages for the
last month or so you'll see a lot of information that you'll find helpful.

The Microsoft Learning site,
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...entsdotnet.asp, has the
ID numbers of Microsoft classes that pertain to each of the exams, although
the class isn't guaranteed to cover all of the information you'll need for
the exam. Links on that page for each class take you to a page that allows
you to search for training centers that offer the courses. That's no
guarantee that they're good instructors though.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org www.cindywinegarden.com

=?Utf-8?B?SGFpYm8=?= 07-10-2004 12:06 PM

RE: MCSD

I read Microsoft.net Core Requirements, and I got MCSD.net last year. It includes four books:
MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing WIndows-Based Applications with
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, and Microsoft Visual C# .NET/ Matthew A. Stoecker with
Microsoft Corporation. --2nd ed.
p. cm.
First ed. was entered under title. c2002.
Includes index.
ISBN 0-7356-1926-3
You can search more about these books online.

--
Joseph Shine=Haibo Shi
Early Achiever Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for Microsoft.net

I like solving problems, and making friends.