Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCSD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f26-mcsd.html)
-   -   Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44359-do-i-need-the-windows-app-exam-to-pass-70-300-a.html)

Chris Kennedy 06-29-2004 10:06 AM

Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
I posted a few days and didn't get an answer so I'll give another go :)
Those of you who have done the 70:300 exam, do you need to have done the
Windows applications exam or is it purely things like UML and normalization
rather than the specifics of a web app being right for one solution and
windows app being right for another? I need to know to tell my boss what
training for the company to pay for.



Eric 06-29-2004 03:16 PM

Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
Chris Kennedy wrote:

> I posted a few days and didn't get an answer so I'll give another go
> :) Those of you who have done the 70:300 exam, do you need to have
> done the Windows applications exam or is it purely things like UML
> and normalization rather than the specifics of a web app being right
> for one solution and windows app being right for another?


There is no specific requirement for knowing how to build individual
programs for this test, but it seems wise to have that skill before
taking this test.

I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
really "wrong".

You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
this time.

Eric

Chris Kennedy 06-29-2004 03:40 PM

Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
I work for a web design company who neither builds or uses bespoke windows
apps. We are introducing .net and I want something a little more formal in
terms of how I do specs. I would rather do it first while the company is
willing to pay for it so we can get the benefit ASAP rather than take a lot
of time and effort for something the company doesn't need. I can do the
Windows App exam in my own time purely to get the MCSD qualification.

<Eric> wrote in message news:e1dp%23veXEHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Chris Kennedy wrote:
>
> > I posted a few days and didn't get an answer so I'll give another go
> > :) Those of you who have done the 70:300 exam, do you need to have
> > done the Windows applications exam or is it purely things like UML
> > and normalization rather than the specifics of a web app being right
> > for one solution and windows app being right for another?

>
> There is no specific requirement for knowing how to build individual
> programs for this test, but it seems wise to have that skill before
> taking this test.
>
> I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
> really "wrong".
>
> You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
> this time.
>
> Eric




Eric 06-30-2004 03:41 PM

Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
Chris Kennedy wrote:

> I work for a web design company who neither builds or uses bespoke
> windows apps. We are introducing .net and I want something a little
> more formal in terms of how I do specs. I would rather do it first
> while the company is willing to pay for it so we can get the benefit
> ASAP rather than take a lot of time and effort for something the
> company doesn't need. I can do the Windows App exam in my own time
> purely to get the MCSD qualification.


Sounds good to me. I like to fill my immediate job-related concerns
first.

Eric

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 07-01-2004 04:29 PM

Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
>We are introducing .net and I want something a little more formal in
>terms of how I do specs.


No ms exam covers this.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 07-01-2004 04:31 PM

Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300
 
>I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
>really "wrong".


why not? Anyone worth their paycheck should be able to complete this
exam. How else would you account for the high pass rate during the
beta phase!

>You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
>this time.


Are there any!! lol

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.