Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-340 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44358-70-340-a.html)

Disillusioned_01 06-28-2004 11:42 PM

70-340

Any suggestions on books on this?

Ernesto 06-29-2004 05:56 AM

70-340

I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
saying "MSDN", so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
very good explanation of the security topics.

Try to get this DVD: https://msevents-
eu.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=es-
ES&EventID=118745972&CountryCode=GB&LanguageCode=e n

The 330 was very hard for me, usually i finished my betas
with 30 minutes left, not this time, i only had 2 minutes
left in the end.

Best Regards
Ernesto

Disillusioned_01 06-29-2004 11:16 AM

Re: 70-340

thanx. :-)
"Ernesto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
> saying "MSDN", so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
> Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
> very good explanation of the security topics.
>
> Try to get this DVD: https://msevents-
> eu.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=es-
> ES&EventID=118745972&CountryCode=GB&LanguageCode=e n
>
> The 330 was very hard for me, usually i finished my betas
> with 30 minutes left, not this time, i only had 2 minutes
> left in the end.
>
> Best Regards
> Ernesto

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 07-01-2004 04:39 PM

Re: 70-340

>Any suggestions on books on this?

..net Framework Security, Addison-Wesley.

excellent.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 07-01-2004 04:44 PM

Re: 70-340

>I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
>saying "MSDN",

you can't go wrong with the msdn, assuming that is you read!

>so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
>Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
>very good explanation of the security topics.

the 2nd ed is useful.

UAError 07-05-2004 03:32 PM

Re: 70-340

"Ernesto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
>saying "MSDN", so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
>Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
>very good explanation of the security topics.

Well that one

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5957.asp

was for some time recommended on

along with

Improving Web Application Security:
Threats and Countermeasures

but its good to see independent confirmation that it is in
fact useful.

I couldn't figure out why

Building Secure ASP .NET Applications
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...C-BF9C6593F25E

wasn't directly on the list until I discovered that it was
listed on an intermediate page.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...eatCounter.asp

and of course

..NET Framework Security
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067232184X
http://www.awprofessional.com/title/067232184X
http://www.awprofessional.com/articl...le.asp?p=31066

as already mentioned by Kline.

I don't think that any of the other sources cover Code
Access Security (and the related tools) in sufficient
detail.

Though somewhat dated you could use this

Best Practices for Enterprise Security
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/arc.../bpentsec.mspx

as a primer.

>Try to get this DVD: