Velocity Reviews

-   -   To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44319-to-earn-mcsd-should-i-pass-70-229-before-30-june.html)

AleXT 06-15-2004 08:57 AM

To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

I have very important question to me.
Please answer if you know the answer.

I want to earn MCSD for VS6 track.

I have passed already 3 exams 70-100, 70-175, 70-176.
As you know they are expired after 30 June.

I'm preparing now to pass 70-229 now (it is not expired after 30 June).
This is the last exam required to earn MCSD for me.

To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?
Or I can pass 70-229 after 30 June and I will get MCSD certification
anyway?
What would be official Microsoft answer in this case?

Thanks,
Alex T

=?Utf-8?B?TUdhYnJpZWxl?= 06-15-2004 01:52 PM

RE: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to complete the requirements.

On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the tables below, Microsoft Visual Studio® 6.0–based exams are scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004, after which the MCSD on Visual Studio 6.0 track will no longer be available. Anyone who earned the MCSD certification before June 30, 2004, will remain certified" Yet when I talked to a contact on the phone they state that since 229 is still available you can still earn a MCSD. I am still trying to clarify. If I learn more I'll post here. In the meantime I've scheduled the exam before the end of June.

Regards.

=?Utf-8?B?TWdhYnJpZWxl?= 06-15-2004 02:33 PM

RE: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

I've spoke with a MS certification representative today to clarify and learned that because the "core" exams (which are to be discontinued) have been completed and all that remains is an "elective" exam, you can still earn MCSD for VS6 after June 30 if you wish and it be valid.

Best Regards.

Cindy Winegarden 06-15-2004 03:41 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

In news: e07tfYrUEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
AleXT <bread@mailru.com> wrote:
> I want to earn MCSD for VS6 track.
>
> I have passed already 3 exams 70-100, 70-175, 70-176.
> As you know they are expired after 30 June.
>
> I'm preparing now to pass 70-229 now (it is not expired after 30
> June). This is the last exam required to earn MCSD for me.
>
> To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?
> Or I can pass 70-229 after 30 June and I will get MCSD certification
> anyway?

Hi AleXT,

Please see
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=MC...phx.gbl&rnum=2 .
This concurs with what Mgabriele posted elsewhere in this thread. However,
only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org www.cindywinegarden.com

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-15-2004 03:53 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

>Please see
>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=MC...phx.gbl&rnum=2 .
>This concurs with what Mgabriele posted elsewhere in this thread. However,
>only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

Now you've done it! Next questions will be 'what is google?' & 'can I
have dumps for google'!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden 06-15-2004 04:15 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

In news: cq6uc0dcf73das1lrk9p7dbakhdoo5rr88@4ax.com,
The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote:
>> Please see

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=MC...phx.gbl&rnum=2

> Now you've done it! Next questions will be 'what is google?' & 'can I
> have dumps for google'!!!

<Chuckle> You don't really need to know what Goolge is, as long as you know
how to click on a link. Of course, if the newsreader breaks the link then
you'd have to know how to copy and paste also.

The answer to that particular question is not that easy to find though.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org www.cindywinegarden.com

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-15-2004 04:53 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

>The answer to that particular question is not that easy to find though.

As proclaimed in a resent thread on the same topic, in this instance,
I agree with you.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden 06-15-2004 04:53 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

In news: %23tnVUAvUEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Cindy Winegarden <cindy.winegarden@mvps.org> wrote:
> only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

You can contact Microsoft by going to the Microsoft Learning (training and
certification) website. (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.asp). At
the bottom there's a "Contact us" link that brings you to the Learning
Support page. There's a box on the right with a "Microsoft Certification
Program Support" link. On the linked page, look in the "Microsoft
Certification Program Support" section for directions.

cindy.winegarden@mvps.org www.cindywinegarden.com

AleXT 06-15-2004 07:53 PM

Re: To earn MCSD

so, could we say that official microsoft answer is YES:
if I passed already 3 core exams before 30 June, then if I will pass 70-229
after 30 June,
I will still earn MCSD certification on VS6 track?

AleXT

"Mgabriele" <Mgabriele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've spoke with a MS certification representative today to clarify and

learned that because the "core" exams (which are to be discontinued) have
been completed and all that remains is an "elective" exam, you can still
earn MCSD for VS6 after June 30 if you wish and it be valid.

> Best Regards.
>
> "MGabriele" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to

complete the requirements.

> > On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the

tables below, Microsoft Visual StudioR 6.0-based exams are scheduled for

AleXT 06-15-2004 07:55 PM

Re: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

Thanks for your help, Cindy