Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java vs dotnet job market (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44294-java-vs-dotnet-job-market.html)

Disillusioned_01 06-08-2004 11:21 AM

Java vs dotnet job market

I am not in(for an arguement) for which is good
From purely job/nbr of good people ratio whcih will be more
any ideas ? In Aus odd jobs pop up paying 40-50 k
for an entry level pgmr(tax bracket can go up tp 47.5 cents here ) which is
good enough to buy your spouse/freinds an occasional saturday movie and
dinner Where as java pgmers generally enjoy much better atmo$phere any
comments

New Aussie 06-08-2004 10:18 PM

Java vs dotnet job market

Yeah ... since Australia is an English-speaking country,
how the hell did you get a job here?

more

Disillusioned_01 06-09-2004 02:29 AM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

New Aussie I like it .What was your name again Ralph?!

Me2 06-09-2004 04:29 PM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

Are you insinuating that I am using an alias?

I have never and promise I will never cloak my identity. I am not in the
least shy about telling you what I think. Beyond that, an individual can
take what I say and agree or disagree as they like.

I am not even sure what New Aussie is referring to. It does not seem to
have anything to do with your post...

Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
"Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
distinctive,
and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
-- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
"Disillusioned_01" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> New Aussie I like it .What was your name again Ralph?!
> "New Aussie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah ... since Australia is an English-speaking country,
> > how the hell did you get a job here?

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-09-2004 08:13 PM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

>I am not even sure what New Aussie is referring to. It does not seem to
>have anything to do with your post...

The lack of attention to grammar maybe?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Disillusioned_01 06-10-2004 12:33 AM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

Doh!
> >I am not even sure what New Aussie is referring to. It does not seem to
> >have anything to do with your post...

> The lack of attention to grammar maybe?
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-10-2004 07:59 PM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

It's normally me that gets stick for grammar!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:33:21 +1000, "Disillusioned_01" <none@none.com>
wrote:

>Doh!
>"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
>news:ukrec05gh12aqcco4o6ia88051opokla23@4ax.com.. .
>> >I am not even sure what New Aussie is referring to. It does not seem to
>> >have anything to do with your post...

>> The lack of attention to grammar maybe?
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

New Aussie 06-10-2004 10:18 PM

Re: Java vs dotnet job market

Yes but even with your (lack of) grammar, your posts
usually remain legible!! With the post by
Disillusioned_01, it took me several minutes and many re-
reads before I even figured out what he was on about.
Perhaps that makes me the dummy - maybe my lack of
understanding (which I thought was because of his
extensive use of abbreviations and lack or punctuation) is
really because I don't send sufficient numbers of sms
messages on my cell-phone to be able to understand this
new version of the English language.

If that's the case then god help us all, for the future of
the language isn't looking too bright.

Alistair.