Velocity Reviews

-   -   Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44292-learning-c-needs-assembly-language-too.html)

Kantoterong Alex 06-05-2004 07:30 PM

Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

is there a need in Assembly lang. when you do in low level
instruction in C++?

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-05-2004 08:07 PM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

>is there a need in Assembly lang. when you do in low level
>instruction in C++?

Depends on what you are doing.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

06-05-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

Assembly level programming is a niche skill useful for developing device
drivers, operating systems, and embedded systems. Within the next few years,
the same will be said for C++.

"Kantoterong Alex" <deox@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> is there a need in Assembly lang. when you do in low level
> instruction in C++?

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-05-2004 10:42 PM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

>Within the next few years,
>the same will be said for C++.

They said similar statements about cobol fifteen years ago.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Disillusioned_01 06-06-2004 12:08 AM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

And the 350 Mill tax package for Aus ATO is done in
Scroll Down to see the answer

COBOL

Disillusioned_01 06-06-2004 12:09 AM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

I mean Australian Tax Office...
To Americans tht would be another country...
> >Within the next few years,
> >the same will be said for C++.

> They said similar statements about cobol fifteen years ago.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-06-2004 09:29 AM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

>I mean Australian Tax Office...
>To Americans tht would be another country...

You mean there are other countries other than the USA!!!

lol!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-06-2004 09:30 AM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

If it's not broken, don't try and fix it......

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:08:35 +1000, "Disillusioned_01" <none@none.com>
wrote:

>And the 350 Mill tax package for Aus ATO is done in
>Scroll Down to see the answer
>

>COBOL
>"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
>news:oui4c0hps9ifo0vfjt74sg2ck44itk1q14@4ax.com.. .
>> >Within the next few years,
>> >the same will be said for C++.

>> They said similar statements about cobol fifteen years ago.
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Disillusioned_01 06-06-2004 01:17 PM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

sorry I mean to say new Tax handling system for ATO is done in COBOL...
> If it's not broken, don't try and fix it......
>
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:08:35 +1000, "Disillusioned_01" <none@none.com>
> wrote:
>
> >And the 350 Mill tax package for Aus ATO is done in
> >Scroll Down to see the answer
> >

> >COBOL
> >"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
> >news:oui4c0hps9ifo0vfjt74sg2ck44itk1q14@4ax.com.. .
> >>
> >> They said similar statements about cobol fifteen years ago.
> >>
> >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 06-06-2004 02:23 PM

Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

>sorry I mean to say new Tax handling system for ATO is done in COBOL...

The choice of programming language, is a process constraint and should
NOT deflect from the overall process of solving the business problem.
Naturally, as a process constraint, this may have an impact on some of
the non-functional requirements of the system, hence the importance of
thorough systems analysis to identify such conflicts.

Many new systems are still implemented in Cobol or other procedural
languages. Typically the process constraints and/or non-functional
requirements which dictated the choice of Cobol, would be based on
decisions, such as cost, the availability of in-house expertise,
cooperation with existing systems (external or internal), delivery
timescale, etc, etc, etc.

Any company which makes the choice of development tools based on what
is the latest buzz word and puts this ahead of the business needs,
deserves the poor quality 'solution' which is often the outcome.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3