Velocity Reviews

-   -   Customize Visual Studio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t44274-customize-visual-studio.html)

Ger4ld 05-30-2004 06:57 PM

Customize Visual Studio

Hi,

I have an issue with visual studio 2003 on how they format
your codes on the document window.
When I am putting controls on the form using drag-and-drop,
and switching to the other tab to look at the code, I dont
liek how they format the codes. Especially the embedded
styles on the controls.
sample:
<asp:textbox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT:
216px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"
runat="server"></asp:textbox>

What i wanted is if possible have Visual Studio
automatically separate styles from the BODY of the HTML
file and put it on the HEAD region. For reasons of
readability/clarity, easy access, and personal preference.
If this is not possible, can you at least set VStudio 2003
to write the style attributes and values all in lowercase
or any preference? I tried setting through the options in
this procedure:

Tools->Options->Text Editor->CSS->Format

sample setting:
Style: Semi-expanded
Capitalization: Lowercase
Preview:
BODY {
color: red;
font-family: Arial;
}

But this does not seem to work. The style attributes
embedded in web controls are still written in ALL-CAPS.

Is there a way to fix this?

..

Eric 06-01-2004 03:33 PM

Re: Customize Visual Studio

Ger4ld wrote:

> I have an issue with visual studio 2003 on how they format
> your codes on the document window.

the new VS 2005 that will be in beta soon has much better formatting
options...

Eric