Velocity Reviews

-   -   Learn more (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t440623-learn-more.html)

Programmer 12-22-2005 11:13 AM

Learn more

I found a new website. www.neql.com it teaches how to do different
computer stuff including C. It also lets you upload tutorials there. A
must see

Richard Bos 12-22-2005 12:56 PM

Re: Learn more

"Programmer" <klaja26@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found a new website. www.neql.com it teaches how to do different
> computer stuff including C. It also lets you upload tutorials there. A
> must see

A must see? Well, after you've stopped watching the paint dry, perhaps.
Not only is there not currently anything there on C, but what there is
on other subjects is both sparse and, let's be generous here, rather
crappy. A must-ignore.

Richard

Christopher Benson-Manica 12-22-2005 02:15 PM

Re: Learn more

Richard Bos <rlb@hoekstra-uitgeverij.nl> wrote:

> A must see? Well, after you've stopped watching the paint dry, perhaps.
> Not only is there not currently anything there on C, but what there is
> on other subjects is both sparse and, let's be generous here, rather
> crappy. A must-ignore.

Was it really necessary to include the spammer's URL in your reply?

pete 12-22-2005 05:04 PM

[ot]Re: Learn more

Programmer wrote:

> I found a new website.

That style of advertisement, went out of style in the 80's, man.

The obviousness of the lie, of having "found" something,
emphasises a level of sleaze
more typical of porno website promotion.

--
pete

Default User 12-22-2005 06:28 PM

Re: [ot]Re: Learn more

pete wrote:

> Programmer wrote:
> >
> > I found a new website.

> That style of advertisement, went out of style in the 80's, man.
>
> The obviousness of the lie, of having "found" something,
> emphasises a level of sleaze
> more typical of porno website promotion.

This is probably not going to be too shocking for anyone, but here's
the domain information:

Administrative Contact:
Day, Joshua klaja26@gmail.com
21 Corunna Cres
Shellharbour, NSW 2529
AU
0242963498

So it does mean that ol' Josh was able to find his own website. I guess
congratulations are in order.

Brian

Richard Heathfield 12-22-2005 06:38 PM

Re: Learn more

Programmer said:

> I found a new website. www.neql.com it teaches how to do different
> computer stuff including C.

Since "found" might just be a typo for "founded", I will assume you weren't
trying to deceive us. I found nothing on your site of any interest to C
programmers. Prove me wrong if you can, by all means.

Well, of course I didn't register! Why would I register? If it were Chris or
Steve or Richard or Ben or dmr or bwk or ken or PJP or someone else I had
reason to trust, that would be different. But you aren't any of those.
What's so great about your site that makes it worth registering? You need
to address that issue before you will get anyone clueful to "buy into" your
site.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Steve 12-22-2005 06:40 PM

Re: Learn more

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Programmer said:
>

>I found a new website. www.neql.com it teaches how to do different
>computer stuff including C.

The site referenced contains no C tutorials at this time

lillie thomas 12-22-2005 07:24 PM

Re: Learn more

"Programmer" <klaja26@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello I"m new at this,but at age 59. i'm definitely concern about healthcare. The cost,quality

and the lack of dental care,most cases.also how the healthcare profession will not, give some leeway to alternative healthcare. Just think if they did'nt in they pass we probably would be still blood letting. and who know what else. Any comments????

Ben Pfaff 12-22-2005 07:52 PM

Re: Learn more

Richard Heathfield <invalid@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Well, of course I didn't register! Why would I register? If it were Chris or
> Steve or Richard or Ben or dmr or bwk or ken or PJP or someone else I had
> reason to trust, that would be different. But you aren't any of those.
> What's so great about your site that makes it worth registering? You need
> to address that issue before you will get anyone clueful to "buy into" your
> site.

If anyone wants a forum to post articles on C, I'm happy to add
articles to my own C FAQ, at http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc.
Just drop me an email. (I doubt I'll get any takers though.)
--
"Large amounts of money tend to quench any scruples I might be having."
-- Stephan Wilms

Richard Heathfield 12-22-2005 10:52 PM

Re: Learn more

Ben Pfaff said:

> If anyone wants a forum to post articles on C, I'm happy to add
> articles to my own C FAQ, at http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc.
> Just drop me an email. (I doubt I'll get any takers though.)

Well, I'm not a taker as such, but I've snaffled the link and added it to my
own writings page; you never know - you might get a hit or two that way.