Velocity Reviews

-   -   Seeking a good C introduction book (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t440063-seeking-a-good-c-introduction-book.html)

Xiaoshen Li 11-07-2005 08:11 PM

Seeking a good C introduction book

Dear All,

I am relatively new to C(But I have computer science background and know
some other programming languages). I am wondering if anyboby can
recommend me some C books or websites. I prefer the books with code that
can be downloaded from websites. (I like to read those codes and play
with it. I found it is a fast way to pick up a language, without going
through lengthy introduction about variable types, control structures,
etc, which I have been exposed many times in learning other languages.)

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

pete 11-08-2005 12:27 AM

Re: Seeking a good C introduction book

Xiaoshen Li wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am relatively new to C
> (But I have computer science background and know
> some other programming languages). I am wondering if anyboby can
> recommend me some C books or websites.
> I prefer the books with code that
> can be downloaded from websites. (I like to read those codes and play
> with it. I found it is a fast way to pick up a language, without going
> through lengthy introduction about variable types, control structures,
> etc, which I have been exposed many times in learning other
> languages.)
>
> Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

K&R2

"This book is meant to help the reader learn how to program in C.
It contains a tutorial introduction to get new users started
as soon as possible."

"It is not an introductory programming manual;
it assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts
like variables asignmemt statements, loops and functions."

And you'll need this too:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html

--
pete