Velocity Reviews

-   -   StackOverflowException (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t43921-stackoverflowexception.html)

Diego Bustamante 02-22-2004 04:14 PM

StackOverflowException

I've been developing an application for the past year and
a half in VB.NET, i was close to finishing and I've run
into this problem. First, the exception was triggered when
i used dataset.tables(0).select("date=#2/1/04#", "date
DESC")which was working fine before. I temporarily changed
it to simply select() with no arguments and the code
continnued to run and it got to another function and the
same exception showed. Everything causes this exception.
What does this mean??? How can I fix it, Other than this
problem, I am ready to deploy the app so I really need to
fix this.

Jay Walters 02-22-2004 04:36 PM

StackOverflowException

Stack over flow is exactly what it sounds like.

You're blowing your stack.

More than likely you have a recursive function that is
out of control - or you have a loop that's not exiting.

Without more of the source code, that's all anyone can do
for you, the stack overflow isn't being caused by the
DataSet.

As you mentioned, "continued to run and it got to another
function".

~ Jay