Velocity Reviews

-   -   Quirky issue (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t439071-quirky-issue.html)

Jerry Gaspard 08-13-2005 06:37 PM

Quirky issue

Anyone know of a way to write to the input buffer of another running
application?

Lets say I application A running and application B.
Application B's only purpose is to send certain commands(via keystrokes)
to application A.

Such as Control+s every 30 seconds.

Any help would be appriciated.

Kenneth Brody 08-13-2005 06:54 PM

Re: Quirky issue

Jerry Gaspard wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to write to the input buffer of another running
> application?
>
> Lets say I application A running and application B.
> Application B's only purpose is to send certain commands(via keystrokes)
> to application A.
>
> Such as Control+s every 30 seconds.
>
> Any help would be appriciated.

You can't.

It may be possible, on some platforms, using some extremely platform-
specific tricks. On other platforms, it may not be possible at all.

You'll need to ask a group specific to your platform.

Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:ThisIsASpamTrap@gmail.com>

Jerry Gaspard 08-13-2005 07:12 PM

Re: Quirky issue

Kenneth Brody wrote:
> Jerry Gaspard wrote:
>
>>Anyone know of a way to write to the input buffer of another running
>>application?
>>
>>Lets say I application A running and application B.
>>Application B's only purpose is to send certain commands(via keystrokes)
>>to application A.
>>
>>Such as Control+s every 30 seconds.
>>
>>Any help would be appriciated.

> You can't.
>
> It may be possible, on some platforms, using some extremely platform-
> specific tricks. On other platforms, it may not be possible at all.
>
> You'll need to ask a group specific to your platform.

thanks thats what i needed to know