Velocity Reviews

-   -   lint (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t438692-lint.html)

Sathyaish 07-11-2005 08:16 PM

lint

I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from? Is
it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint or
Splint but no lint.

James Daughtry 07-11-2005 09:16 PM

Re: lint

Splint is a good version of lint, but it's overly anal. If you want it
for free then Splint is probably your best bet.

Sathyaish 07-11-2005 09:36 PM

Re: lint

Thank you.

CBFalconer 07-11-2005 10:54 PM

Re: lint

Sathyaish wrote:

> I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
> programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from?
> Is it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint
> or Splint but no lint.

Lint you can buy, look for PCLINT. It will cost about $200 or so
for Windoze machinery. For Unixen it is more like $1000 in
shrouded source form. Splint should show up fairly easily on a
search, and is available free. Splint doesn't handle C++. PCLint
does.

Anonymous 7843 07-12-2005 12:09 AM

Re: lint

In article <1121112978.075577.258880@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>,
Sathyaish <Sathyaish@Yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
> programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from? Is
> it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint or
> Splint but no lint.

The C FAQ addresses this issue to some degree:

However, some of the particulars are out of date.
--
7842++