Velocity Reviews

-   -   Running time of program (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t438629-running-time-of-program.html)

chellappa 07-06-2005 11:28 AM

Running time of program

hi,
i want to find the ruuning time of program using c ..
problem:
i want to find the running time of program using c , i have one routine
in c,,,
i want to find how much , its take for running.. usinf time_t is tell
only seconds in basee of system clock ..
i need internally excact running time of program...
send me small examples or ideas
by
chellappa
n.chellappa@gmail.com

Yohji 07-06-2005 11:45 AM

Re: Running time of program

Er,I think you can try gprof instead of writing by yourself.It can tell
you by 1/100 second.But if you think it is not good,write a program by
yourself.I am also a beginner,I can not write such program on Linux.

Chris Hills 07-06-2005 11:51 AM

Re: Running time of program

In article <1120649288.635526.109920@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups .com>,chell
appa <N.Chellappa@gmail.com> writes
>hi,
>i want to find the ruuning time of program using c ..
>problem:
>i want to find the running time of program using c , i have one routine
>in c,,,
>i want to find how much , its take for running.. usinf time_t is tell
>only seconds in basee of system clock ..
>i need internally excact running time of program...
>send me small examples or ideas
>by
>chellappa
>n.chellappa@gmail.com

1 Home work?

2 what is the operating system and or target MCU?

3 this is not a C question. you need a more specific NG (depending onthe
answers to 1 and 2)

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

Abhi 07-06-2005 12:02 PM

Re: Running time of program

just adding a bit to the problem, I have a requirement that if such
routine/program takes more than a specified time, then it needs to be
terminated.

chellappa 07-06-2005 01:19 PM

Re: Running time of program

it is not home work...
i need finding running time of program...
please explain me, i need information about ,if u using gprof, thats i
needeed

BGreene 07-06-2005 04:47 PM

Re: Running time of program

has nothing to do with C