Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t4359-question-for-barb-bowman-wifi-activesync-and-sp2.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UEJC?= 09-06-2004 05:05 PM

Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

Barb,

I have implemented the wireless activesync as you describe in your great
article 'Have I got connections'. I have upgraded XP to SP2 now and because
of the Firewall (I suppose), the PDA doesnt seem to get through now when
requesting an activesync over the air (I use a Netgear ap/router for my home
network). When I switch off the firewall, I can sync as before.
Do you have a tweak to make XP SP2 listen to and let the PDA request get
through the Firewall or should I just switch it on and off when I want to
sync?

Many thanks.

Sooner Al 09-06-2004 05:58 PM

Re: Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

See if this page helps...There is a section that pertains to ActiveSync and the SP2 Windows
Firewall...

http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/m...aqs/ActiveSync

You also may need to open UDP Port 137 singly...or enable File & Print Sharing on the firewall,
which also opens UDP Port 137.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=?Utf-8?B?UEJC?= 09-09-2004 11:57 AM

RE: Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

IT WORKS. MANY THANKS.