Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compile and link (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t435348-compile-and-link.html)

Magix 10-01-2004 06:31 AM

Compile and link

Hi,

I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

Thanks.

Regards.

Chris Barts 10-01-2004 08:38 AM

Re: Compile and link

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:31:28 +0800, Magix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

I feel your pain.

> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking?

By reading the relevant documentation that should have shipped with your
compiler and linker.

dandelion 10-01-2004 09:48 AM

Re: Compile and link

"Magix" <magix@asia.com> wrote in message news:415cf8e7_2@news.tm.net.my...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
>
> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
> compilation command is bc.
> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.
>
> Thanks.

RTFM.

Mike Wahler 10-01-2004 04:15 PM

Re: Compile and link

"Magix" <magix@asia.com> wrote in message news:415cf8e7_2@news.tm.net.my...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
>
> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
> compilation command is bc.
> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
operate it. What should I do?

-Mike

E. Robert Tisdale 10-01-2004 04:34 PM

Re: Compile and link

Magix wrote:

> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
>
> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking?
> Assume that the compilation command is bc.
> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c,
> I want to create final test.exe from these two files.
> Any tips?

Did you try the Borland home page?

http://www.borland.com/

Kenny McCormack 10-01-2004 07:18 PM

Re: Compile and link

In article <Zof7d.356$M05.179@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.ne t>,
Mike Wahler <mkwahler@mkwahler.net> wrote:
>"Magix" <magix@asia.com> wrote in message news:415cf8e7_2@news.tm.net.my...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
>>
>> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
>> compilation command is bc.
>> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
>> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

>I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
>operate it. What should I do?

Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
this analogy?)

Default User 10-01-2004 08:22 PM

Re: Compile and link

Kenny McCormack wrote:

> (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to
> comp.lang.c and post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler
> that I just bought and asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me...
> Oops! What went wrong with this analogy?)

Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
killfile?

No matter, problem corrected.

Brian Rodenborn

Kenny McCormack 10-01-2004 10:02 PM

Re: Compile and link

In article <I4x9xI.MKz@news.boeing.com>,
Default User <first.last@boeing.com.invalid> wrote:
>Kenny McCormack wrote:
>
>> (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to
>> comp.lang.c and post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler
>> that I just bought and asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me...
>> Oops! What went wrong with this analogy?)

>Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
>killfile?
>
>No matter, problem corrected.

Your killfile doesn't work...

ozbear 10-01-2004 10:24 PM

Re: Compile and link

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:15:53 GMT, "Mike Wahler"
<mkwahler@mkwahler.net> wrote:

>"Magix" <magix@asia.com> wrote in message news:415cf8e7_2@news.tm.net.my...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
>>
>> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
>> compilation command is bc.
>> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
>> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

>I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
>operate it. What should I do?
>
>-Mike

Check the FAQ under the coffee-maker section.

Oz
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

E. Robert Tisdale 10-01-2004 10:35 PM

Re: Compile and link

Kenny McCormack wrote:

> Something that calls itself Default User wrote:
>
>>Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
>>killfile?
>>
>>No matter, problem corrected.

> Your killfile doesn't work...

It's just a troll.