Velocity Reviews

-   -   New Annotations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t435214-new-annotations.html)

Derrick Coetzee 09-16-2004 12:43 AM

New Annotations

It occurred to me that, although we all know Schildt's commentary on the
ANSI C standard is useless, perhaps a free document much like it could
be made by the community. Contributors could make corrections to the
inevitable errors and confusing statements that would arise. While it's
quite useless without the standard itself, it could be read along with
it, as well as link (or even show in a frame alongside it) corresponding
portions of the Draft and Rationale. What do you guys think of this idea?
--
Derrick Coetzee
I grant this newsgroup posting into the public domain. I disclaim all

Ben Pfaff 09-16-2004 12:49 AM

Re: New Annotations

Derrick Coetzee <dcnews@moonflare.com> writes:

> It occurred to me that, although we all know Schildt's commentary on
> the ANSI C standard is useless, perhaps a free document much like it
> could be made by the community. Contributors could make corrections to
> the inevitable errors and confusing statements that would arise. While
> it's quite useless without the standard itself, it could be read along
> with it, as well as link (or even show in a frame alongside it)
> corresponding portions of the Draft and Rationale. What do you guys
> think of this idea?

It seems like a good idea, and in fact I at one point started in
on a project to do this myself. However, it's an enormous amount
of work to track down all the references and make sure that
everything you write is correct.
--
"This is a wonderful answer.
It's off-topic, it's incorrect, and it doesn't answer the question."