Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with dll (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t43507-problem-with-dll.html)

Mike 11-24-2003 03:51 AM

Problem with dll

When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
DDRAW.dll"

Kline Sphere 11-24-2003 08:24 PM

Re: Problem with dll

>When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
>box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
>DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
>DDRAW.dll"

'Cos it a'int there

General Protection Fault 11-24-2003 09:08 PM

Re: Problem with dll

Mike wrote:

> When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
> box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
> DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> DDRAW.dll"

Boy, did you ever post to the right newsgroup! Here's what you do:

1. Add DDRAW.DLL to Component Services using MMC.
2. Right-click each component inside DDRAW.DLL and set its minimum
pooling property to 1, and the maximum to 4.
3. Check the box entitled "Enable Object Construction" and copy the
contents of your machine.config file into the text box below.
4. Configure a machine role for that application using the Microsoft
..NET Framework Configuration Tool.

Restart your computer and it should work! Thanks for working with .NET!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= 11-24-2003 09:22 PM

Re: Problem with dll

General Protection Fault wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
>> When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
>> box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
>> DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
>> DDRAW.dll"

> Boy, did you ever post to the right newsgroup! Here's what you do:
>
> 1. Add DDRAW.DLL to Component Services using MMC.
> 2. Right-click each component inside DDRAW.DLL and set its minimum
> pooling property to 1, and the maximum to 4.
> 3. Check the box entitled "Enable Object Construction" and copy the
> contents of your machine.config file into the text box below.
> 4. Configure a machine role for that application using the Microsoft
> .NET Framework Configuration Tool.
>
> Restart your computer and it should work! Thanks for working with
> .NET!

PotW

--
Fris "Who are you? {$1}" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

11-24-2003 09:38 PM

Re: Problem with dll

Go to www.microsoft.com/downlaod and install the latest version of DirectX.

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
> box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
> DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> DDRAW.dll"

11-25-2003 01:17 AM

Re: Problem with dll

LOL GPF now I see how you got your name

Swizzlesticks 02-21-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Protection Fault
Mike wrote:

> When I try to play a game, it opens up but then a warning
> box opens and it says, "The Procedure entry point
> DdEntry12 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> DDRAW.dll"

Boy, did you ever post to the right newsgroup! Here's what you do:

1. Add DDRAW.DLL to Component Services using MMC.
2. Right-click each component inside DDRAW.DLL and set its minimum
pooling property to 1, and the maximum to 4.
3. Check the box entitled "Enable Object Construction" and copy the
contents of your machine.config file into the text box below.
4. Configure a machine role for that application using the Microsoft
..NET Framework Configuration Tool.

Restart your computer and it should work! Thanks for working with .NET!

Wow! the best and ONLY real answer I've found to this problem.
Unfortunately, I'm not accustomed to working with MMC which makes me too dumb to use your solution without further instruction.
I used your post as a guide and did some quick study work online - TGF google! And had my first encounter with Microsoft Control Consule. I created a new MMC, added component svcs to my MMC, but I am lost for how to add DDRAW to component svcs - I stopped at this point and did not save anything. So I still have the same error which is preventing me from playing my favorite game *pout*pout*