Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-300 Exam Content (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t43493-70-300-exam-content.html)

Galen Wadzinski 11-21-2003 12:56 AM

70-300 Exam Content

How is the exam structured?

I have the MS Press book "Analyzing Requirements &
Defining Microsoft .Net Solution Architectures". I also
have the testing software from Transcender. From the
Transcender software it looks like the exam will have 3
case studies with about 10 questions each (Is this
correct?). It looks like the MS Press book is useful for
only a hand full of questions (A response to a prior
thread agrees).

This is my last exam and I'm glad I have the other exams
done, because it also looks like many questions draw from
knowledge on the other exams.

Is this true?

Leigh Kendall 11-21-2003 01:32 PM

Re: 70-300 Exam Content

Your are right on. The Transcenders are dead on. 3-4 case studies with 10-15
questions per case study. And make sure your reading/memory/comprehension is
sharp!

The MS Training Kit for 70-300 is good if you're interested in MSF, but it's
not much help for the exam. The Exam Cram book is excellent however. I
didn't use it for the exam, but read it after based on recommendations in
the group here. I can vouch first hand that the content of the book is
excellent and the question at the end of each chapter and practice exams are
very relevant.

HTH,

--
Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

Curly 11-22-2003 04:32 AM

70-300 Exam Content

I passed this one about three months ago. You're about
right - three case studies 8-12 questions for each case.
Read case text carefully - a lot of answers become
evident if you really scrutininze the specifics of the
case. Each case is timed separately - once you're done
with a case and go on to the next one, you can't go
back. Take your time - read carefully - think it through.

As far as the MS Press book is concerned, throw it away.
I agree that the Exam Cram book can really help. Read
it. If anything in there is not familiar to you - read
MSDN articles on those topics. But that MS Press book is
a disgrace - very, very misleading.

Greg 11-25-2003 01:37 PM

Re: 70-300 Exam Content

I think Exam Cram was a bit too detailed in some areas (at
least I didn't see that many ORM questions!).

However, the PrepLogic test questions were good
preparation.

The text from the Microsoft Book is almost identical to
the online resources. I can't remember the exact URL's
but if you use msdn.microsoft.com/patterns
msdn.microsoft.com/architecture and msdn.microsoft.com/msf
you'll have almost all the materials covered.

I actually took this test first, and felt like I would
have had a much easier time if I had taken the other MCSD
tests already. So the OP should be in good shape.

Also agree that questions regarding system design all
almost completely embedded in the case studies. The Exam
Cram book has a chapter on reading and understanding case
studies that highlights this skill.

General Protection Fault 11-25-2003 05:09 PM

Re: 70-300 Exam Content

Greg wrote:

> I think Exam Cram was a bit too detailed in some areas (at
> least I didn't see that many ORM questions!).

I had quite a few ORM questions on my 70-300 exam. One of the questions
had no correct answer, so I chose the "best" answer.