Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASA/PIX High Availability (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t433994-asa-pix-high-availability.html)

Bill 02-11-2007 04:39 AM

ASA/PIX High Availability

I have a PIX 515. I will be adding a second internet pipe at another
location which is connected by dark fiber. I want to know if it is
possible to configure a PIX (running 7.2) and an ASA with failover
options. In other words, is this hardware dependent, that is to say
they must be the same hardware, or is it software/licensing dependent?

Thanks.

Walter Roberson 02-11-2007 05:28 AM

Re: ASA/PIX High Availability

In article <1171168780.255924.36420@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
Bill <wsculver@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have a PIX 515. I will be adding a second internet pipe at another
>location which is connected by dark fiber. I want to know if it is
>possible to configure a PIX (running 7.2) and an ASA with failover
>options. In other words, is this hardware dependent, that is to say
>they must be the same hardware, or is it software/licensing dependent?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1047269

Hardware Requirements

The two units in a failover configuration must have the same hardware
configuration. They must be the same model, have the same number and
types of interfaces, and the same amount of RAM.

Bill 02-12-2007 05:00 AM

On Feb 11, 12:28 am, rober...@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:
> In article <1171168780.255924.36...@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
>
> Bill <wscul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have a PIX 515. I will be adding a second internet pipe at another
> >location which is connected by dark fiber. I want to know if it is
> >possible to configure a PIX (running 7.2) and an ASA with failover
> >options. In other words, is this hardware dependent, that is to say
> >they must be the same hardware, or is it software/licensing dependent?

> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...c/asa_sw/v_7_2...
>
> Hardware Requirements
>
> The two units in a failover configuration must have the same hardware
> configuration. They must be the same model, have the same number and
> types of interfaces, and the same amount of RAM.

That's pretty clear. Thanks.