Velocity Reviews

-   -   VTP server with HSRP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t433845-vtp-server-with-hsrp.html)

James 01-29-2007 04:47 PM

VTP server with HSRP

Hi all,

I have a 3750 which feeds switches around a building of mine. I have
configured the 3750 to be a VTP server, and all the 3650 switches as
clients. I need to cluster the 3750 and will do this by Etherchannel and
HSRP between the two - I'm not using stackwise!

What is the situation where it comes to the VTP server? Do I make them
both VTP servers? If so, which one would I make changes on?

Can anyone point me down the right direction please?

Kind regards

James m

James 01-29-2007 04:53 PM

Re: VTP server with HSRP

I apologise, I meant 3560 switches as clients.

www.BradReese.Com 01-29-2007 05:21 PM

Re: VTP server with HSRP

Hi James,

You may wish to investigate Catalyst 3750 Switch - Configuring VTP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/
products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805a65 19.html

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco Resumes
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resumes.htm