Velocity Reviews

-   -   IPSEC Multiple Modems on same Subnet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t433830-ipsec-multiple-modems-on-same-subnet.html)

derSchweiz 01-28-2007 05:14 AM

IPSEC Multiple Modems on same Subnet

Hi,

I want to setup multiple modems to aggregate bandwith between two sites
using Cisco CEF Per-Packet and IPSEC crypto maps. I have 5 cable modems,
which are connected to a switch, each of them on its own VLAN, and a 802.1q
trunk that runs from the switch to Cisco router, to get virtual interfaces
to access the modems. Same setup at both sites.

What could I do if the ISP assigns IP addresses that are on the same subnet
to each of these modems? i.e. 5 IP addresses are all in the 24.1.2.0/24
subnet? If I try to assign these addresses to the interfaces of the router,
it will show an error saying that addresses overlap. Is there a easy way
around this problem? Maybe some sort of NAT to hide the external addresses?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

derSchweiz 01-28-2007 10:10 PM

Re: IPSEC Multiple Modems on same Subnet

In other words would this work? Will there be any complications when setting
up IPSEC tunnels using this configuration?

24.1.2.1----<NAT>---10.0.0.0/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.1]
24.1.2.2----<NAT>---10.0.0.4/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.2]
24.1.2.3----<NAT>---10.0.0.8/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.3]
24.1.2.4----<NAT>---10.0.0.12/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.4]